ESRB rates Devil May Cry 1-3 for PS3, 360

Wednesday, 7th September 2011 13:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sounds like those HD redux versions of Devil May Cry from 1-3 is happening.

The ESRB has rated Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3 for a release on both PS3 and 360. Just a heads-up pointer: it is the series’ tenth anniversary, so this is very, very likely to be happening.

Earlier this year, a retail listing from Spain showed a Devil May Cry 10th Anniversary Collection for PS3, showing all three games for a release this November.

Devil May Cry 1 released in November 2001, Devil May Cry 2 launched in March 2003 and Devil May Cry 3 went on sale in May 2005. TGS, then?

As well as the stil TBA collection, Capcom is also working with Ninja Theory on a series reboot for PS3 and 360.

Thanks, G4.

1. Judicas

W00p!!! Screw the emoremake, gimme the first 3 in HD!

2. Blerk

For some reason I thought these had already been confirmed. Guess I was thinking of something else. :-)

I never really liked DMC. This doesn’t make me a bad person.

3. AHA-Lambda

hmmm, might as well just drop 2 from it tbh

4. bluemanrule

For all the criticism DMC2 received, I actually didn’t think it that bad. It deviated far from the original story but still played fine. DMC3 was extremely hard and but I never got the chance to play as Vergil. I didn’t get the special edition of the game.

5. Ireland Michael

@4 “DMC3 was extremely hard”

That’s why they added an easy difficulty to the game… *head desk*

Scratch 2 from this collection, and I’d still buy it… if I didn’t still own all the originals. Trophies aren’t new content.

6. Lounds

The first DMC is the best game, I loved it back in the day on my PS2, I think the other games lost there way, it’s like movies, sequals never get up to the expectations of the origional.

7. TD_Monstrous69

Sounds like good news, can’t wait to play an HD remastering of the original Devil May Cry games (for the only one I’ve gotten my hands on is DMC 4). Though I might be in the minority on this one, but am I the only one who’s kinda tired of game publishers and developers releasing everything great during the fall and holiday months? I understand why they do it, holiday shopping season=big profits, and europeans with their summer vacations, but this coming fall season is just really bloated, while other times of the year are basically gaming famine. Now I don’t wanna come of as complaining, but all I’m saying is, why can’t other parts of the year have some of those great releases that the fall gets? I mean something like a DMC 1-3 HD re-make could’ve been really refreshing during the summer gaming drought. Now it’s either trying to find time for it in between every other game I’m getting this fall, or backlogging it to January 2012 or even further down the pike [summer 2012]. All I’m sayin is, wouldn’t a better spaced out release schedule from devs and pubs be better?

8. nofear360

Good to hear those redux versions is happening.

9. Kuwabara

I hope each title will be available separately on the ps store, as dmc1 is the only game in the series worth playing. One of the best games ever made!

10. StolenGlory

They probably will, if the previous 3rd party released HD collections are anything to go by.

11. joshua nash

will be getting these instead of the blasphemy that is the remake

12. osric90

I’m getting this, as long as they’re making a faithful remaster and not changing things and/or including “DmC” shit on the games. Just the good old ones running at 1080p with extras en trophies would be perfect.

@11 YES!!

13. xino

I hope it contains:
    * achievement/trophies
    *DMC original Release and DMC3 edition

and i hope the remastering is worth it!
    *crisp HD graphics
    *60fps
    *unlocks and exclusive

if these demands are not meant, I’ll be renting the sh*!

14. LOLshock94

whoooooooooo bitchs hold your orgasms as this is capcom attempting another hd version and we all know what the last hd version they made looked like

15. neon6

i wonder if they’re purposely not remastering special edition just so they can sell they extras as dlc later on