The sun shone, the cat stole my chair, and I drank so much tea I started to buzz.
The Politics of Trust: Sega’s Nagoshi on Binary Domain
A game that punishes you for going solo – that’s really cool.
You’ll be pleased to know I retrieved the other half successfully from the airport last night, and after copious amounts of food and sleep she’s almost recovered. The cat has forgotten I exist for any reason other than attending to his comfort now that his One True Love is back, the little traitor.
Today’s header image is the Fleet Foxes; I got my The Silent Comedy CD today – the guys behind the awesome Bartholemew, which was featured in a Dark Souls trailer – and spinning it a few times has convinced iTunes I’m on an indie folk rock trip. I guess I am, then.
But anyway, here’s what happened in the last nine hours. Travel even further back in time with Steph’s US Wrap, and even beyond that through Johnny’s European Wrap. Johnny will be along shortly to sum it all up for you via the wondrous medium of video.
- US PS Store Update – Bloodrayne, Red Dead DLC, Qore
I started my day off the right way – with a bowl of chocolate pudding and an hour of formatting.
- Madden NFL 12 predicts Packers and Steelers to dominate
I hope I didn’t make any ridiculous errors here.
- Forza 4′s Autovista easing license negotiations
We used to call glossy car monthlies “wank mags”. Which makes AutoVista interactive porn. Thank goodness Kinect is hands off, eh?
- Bigpoint chief lampoons EA, Ubisoft and Valve’s attempts at monetisation
He did admit he has no idea how to do retail releases, though. To each his own.
- From Software makes “the kinds of games we want to make”
And the kinds of games I want to play, right now.
- Quick shots – Cities XL shows off 2012 update
Build a city in the shape of a wang if you must. It’s your call.
- The Sims Social nearing 30 million MAUs
It’s certainly dominating my Facebook use. Send fury, please.
- Report – Gamestop to add iDevices to used hardware range
Doesn’t GAME already do this in the UK?
- Borderlands 2′s revamped weapons and AI detailed
Moar guns, moar things to shoot with them that are less stupid.
- Modern Warfare 3 more easily updated than previous CoD games
I wonder how they’re working this with Xbox Live? I know Naughty Dog can do live updates for Uncharted, but that’s the PSN – Live is notoriously closed.
- Pachter expects 30 percent year-on-year drop in August NPDs
Eeee. It’s been a grim few months. Roll on digital NPDs!
- Insomniac: Resistance “asks more of players”
It’s amazing how many people give up on a game because it’s played differently to others in the genre – see Demon’s Souls. There’s a lot of debate as to whether this is the player’s fault or the developer’s, and whether it’s good to make demands of innocent consumers or not.
- Famitsu leaks point to 3DS accessory with second circle pad
About six months too late.
- Synchronicity: Ten minutes of Dragon Quest X footage
This is one of Nathan’s. You can tell because the language thrums with beauty.
- EA: Battlefield 3′s Battlelog won’t go premium
Oh, yeah? We’ll see, I guess.
- Space Marine reviews begin trickling in – everything here
Nathan kindly collected these for us – expect more over the course of the day.
- Wednesday Shorts -Screens, trailers, and random musings
Oh god, so much news.