UK charts: Driver held off top spot by Deus Ex

Monday, 5th September 2011 09:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has kept hold of the top of the UK charts, fending off Driver: San Francisco.

This is despite sales of Deus going down by nearly half – 46 percent, to be exact. Driver’s release, the first main title in the series since Parallel Lines, enter with the 360 version outselling PS3 by 53 percent to 46 percent.

Zumba’s dropped to third, Madden’s a new entry in sixth and Codemasters’ Bodycount has entered all the way down in 36. Ouch.

Top ten for the week ending September 3 is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  2. Driver: San Francisco
  3. Zumba Fitness
  4. Rugby World Cup 2011
  5. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
  6. Madden NFL 12
  7. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  8. Cars 2
  9. FIFA 11
  10. The Sims 3

1. ASBI

guys I know that some of u will disagree

but Ive never played a game that awesome and touching since uncharted 2

I just finished the game without killing any1 and turning on any alarm and it felt like a different game than the first playthrough

also the game was totally polished that they didnt even release any patches.

+ I noticed something that Ive NEVER seen in any CONSOLE game, u kill an enemy , then go for 2-3 hrs and comeback, ull find him right where u left him

Im no tech whore but this game really impressed me in terms of technology, I didnt see any bugs maybe just some minor ones, cover system was perfect no imaginary walls or wall breach whatsoever, AI was good too even though some reviews were a bit harsh at this point IDK why,

but considering that I was dissapointed this year with many other games that were so buggy, this is my GOTY, for now

2. YoungZer0

It had a least one bug. Whenever you’d reload and then go to cover, he’d stop the reloading animation. That’s something Rainbow Six Vegas managed to fix. Why didn’t they? They had enough time.

It’s really annoying. Especially when you’re in a firefight and want to get into cover.

And touching? What was touching about it?

3. G1GAHURTZ

That’s a terrible top 10!

@1:

Why did you write all that in an article that has nothing to do with UC2?

4. ASBI

^
    ^

dude I think I was talking about deus ex ^_^

5. ASBI

@2 the atmosphere, the environment

I played other good games like borderlands for example, it was decent but I just didnt get that much into it , IDK how to explain more cuz my english isnt perfect at all xD

@3 now that I read ur comment twice I think ure being sarcastic xD

6. G1GAHURTZ

Ignore me.

My skim reading skills are weakening…

7. DSB

If it all it takes to impress is leaving bodies in the gameworld, then I can see how Deus Ex would be a revolution to some. For people who remember playing on the PC before the port-era – eh…

I thought it was touching that they made a mildly retarded man the protagonist. You can do it Adam!

8. Zeydlitz

Deus Ex have more that 1 big. Sometimes takedowned enemy marked as sleeping (ZZZ), but after reload they become dead (skull). I pretty sure, that it’s mean that they really dead, and sleep icon should be error.

9. DSB

They also don’t become dead after being shot in the head five times, so long as you knocked them out first.

I reckon I need to watch Inception again to explain that.

10. YoungZer0

@7: He’s a mixed bag. Sometimes he’d make amazing arguments to convince people around him, but when he’d say things like “Looks like someone COULD be trying to cover SOMETHING up!” I think a lot of plot points would’ve been resolved quicker when he’d start asking the important questions.

Like for example (SPOILER): When David would show him the emails he got from the private eye. Adam wouldn’t ask him even once about it. Not once.

/SPOILER

@9: Might be a bug, i didn’t encounter this.

11. DSB

@10 I think the fundamental problem is the complete lack of humanity. Even if you make an amazing argument, there’s still a fair chance that people won’t see your way. That human factor is just completely left out of HR. Human beings aren’t linear, and neither are our conversations – Especially the important ones. We’re gonna argue, we’re gonna be contrite, we’re gonna be skeptical and petty, and you won’t know what I say, until I say it, and vice versa.

That just doesn’t happen in HR. Everybody in the game is a poorly scripted robot. When I first talked to the guy in the police station, he was blaming me for ruining his entire life. He did this through 2-3 dialogue options, and I think he even said he’d love to harm me. Then on the third, I baby him, and give him some halfassed sympathy, and suddenly he just LOVES my guts. I’ve saved his life.

I mean, really? The stuff I said was so contrived it sounded like sarcasm to me.

12. YoungZer0

@11: I don’t remember talking to that guy, at all. Which one do you mean? Where can i meet him?

13. DSB

@12 Angry former co-worker at the police station. It’s part of the quest to expose the police cover-up, and study the body in the morgue.

14. YoungZer0

The one you meet in the lobby? Because i was just hacking and sneaking my way through the police station.

15. DSB

He’s sitting in a glass cubicle. He was one of the objectives of the sidequest.

16. DaMan

Quite surprising for that game being able to outperform the new Driver.