Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition to cost $100

Monday, 5th September 2011 03:46 GMT By Brenna Hillier

CVG reports the Hardened Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has been priced at $100 in the US.

The ultimate version, the Hardened Edition sports unique disc art, a steelbook case, a “field journal” of art and development information, and console-exclusive DLC, as well as a year’s premium subscription to and “founder” status on Call of Duty Elite.

Modern Warfare 3 is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 8.

1. narya1

Console Exclusive DLC? Jeez. IW has a hard on for xbox…

2. JRNO

@1 I like how Microsoft continuously tries to make Call of Duty look like a Xbox exclusive to the average consumer. Just look at Call of Duty XP for instance, all the consoles were Xboxes and Xbox was EVERYWHERE. And when you log in on your Xbox, all you can see is Call of Duty. “Only on”, “First on”.

3. Gekidami

Indeed, seems MS are pushing this third party multiplat more than, say Gears 3.

4. G1GAHURTZ

I’m pretty sure that ‘console exclusive DLC’ refers to the Avatar outfits that you get for 360, and the animated wallpaper or whatever it is that you get for PS3.

5. StolenGlory

You grabbing the Hardended edition G1GA? The idea of a year’s worth of CoD Elite membership being included seems quite compelling, especially given the fact that the supermarket price war dick measuring contests will likely drag this sucker down to the £60 mark.

6. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, definitely, if I can hold of a copy!

Some special editions go like hotcakes, while others are still siting on a shelf about a year after the game’s been released.

7. DSB

I would consider Hardened for the same reason, but ultimately I’m too worried about how the game will actually turn out. I didn’t buy Hardened for MW2, and I’d really hate to drop 100 on another Blops-style dull-down.