Mon, Sep 05, 2011 | 09:07 BST
BULLETCAST, September 5 – What you need to know now
Dragon Quest X is actually real, Dead Island reviews have started popping up and Max Payne 3 might be shown at the start of next month. Oh, and Pat’s internet went down. Here’s what you need to know in video and text form below.
- Featured Content: Brenna takes a look at this year’s sports lineup, from Madden NFL 12 to NBA 2K12 in the US and FIFA 12 to PES 2012 in Europe. NHL 12′s even in there for the Canadians.
- Three years after it was first announced, Dragon Quest X has been shown for the first time at an event in Tokyo as an MMO-ish game. It’ll still be on Wii, but a Wii U version was announced at the conference. Support featuring 3DS was also confirmed.
- Dead Island’s review embargo has now lifted, with scores starting to emerge. Eurogamer gave it a six. Heres 45 minutes of footage taken from the game.
- Max Payne 3′s about to be shown publicly for the first time at an event in the Netherlands next month, according to a report this morning.
- 14 minutes of off-screen footage from PAX of Borderlands 2 got out. It’s that good. Read my preview from gamescom here.
- Call of Duty XP had its big blowout: the premium details of Elite were spilled and MW3′s multiplayer was shown for the first time. We also spoke to Rob Bowling at the event. Nathan took a look at the event in his Weekly Wrap.
- Eidos Montreal confirmed DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution over the weekend, known as “Missing Link.” It’ll see Jensen going missing after being captured, with players having to rebuild his augmentations.
- The Doctors will be in the house: BioWare founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk will be at Eurogamer Expo to talk turkey on The Old Republic.
- Some render artwork of the Master Chief that will be in Halo 4 has gotten out.
- There’s a new Forza 4 trailer on the interwebs now.
- And two videos of Resistance 3 have popped up ahead of its release this week.