Fourteen minutes of leaked Borderlands 2 gameplay

Saturday, 3rd September 2011 21:28 GMT By Andrew Groen

Looks like somebody snuck a cellphone camera into a Borderlands 2 behind-closed doors event.
Check out the video below for all the shaky-cam footage of Borderlands 2 you can handle.

1. Golden

Looks ace, deffo on the must have list

2. klewd

muzzle flare looks bad/annoying.

3. Phoenixblight

You have to remember we still have a year until its released so this would be in the alpha stage still a lot of things aren’t quite done yet.

4. nofear360

Wow!! Didn’t get too far in the first one but loved what I played!

5. Yoshi

@3 Not even Alpha.

6. Phoenixblight

Actually it is because this is way past concept they have some of the art down within the game and the game is function thus it is alpha.

It goes concept > first playable > alpha > beta > Gold

Since this isn’t the first playable because it would look this good you would see a lot of placeholder and game crashing bugs. This is alpha.

Alpha occurs 8-10 months prior to release and since the game is announced for April 2012.

7. M. K.

Can’t say I’m not looking forward to this. Number 2 must have right after Mass Effect 3

8. DSB

“Oh he’s a midget!!!”. I swear, Gearbox know my frequency.

I’m a little underwhelmed with the AI behaviour and the disposable guns though. It looked way cooler in my head.

If the gun just pops back into your hand, then you don’t really feel like you’re throwing anything away, you’re just tossing a regen grenade around.

If it is alpha, then they’d have to have the majority of behaviour down, and the enemies don’t really seem to do anything differently, except for deking and rolling.

9. Phoenixblight

You have to also remember when they put these demos up these builds can be 2-3 months old and not the most current build. Balance and AI behavior is usually the last part to focus on once you have gameplay, everything else is much simpler to mess with.

10. Johnny Cullen

This is the demo they showed at gamescom. I’m assuming, because you can hear Randy Pitchford, that this is from PAX.

Also, read the midget part of my preview – http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/26/pushing-boundaries-gearboxs-burch-talks-borderlands-2/ – and then watch the video from 2:19. Seriously. XD

11. Demiath

Looks extremely similar to the first game…which is great since I really liked that game (as a singleplayer experience) and played it for more than 60 hours with consecutive playthroughs etc. That said, this seems to a lot less ambitious than the MMO-esque “Borderworlds” which a lot of people thought the sequel to Borderlands would be.

12. Christopher Jack

Looks awesome! Day one purchase for me.

13. Telepathic.Geometry

This looks like Borderlands. Win. That is all.

14. DaMan

Meh.

15. Brenna Hillier

Welp, the video’s been pulled, but that didn’t stop me posting a duplicate story this morning. Sigh.

16. HauntaVirus

No need to watch a leaked vid anyway. Insta-buy.

17. matrix111298

Cant wait. Hope the collectors edition is awesome