Kamiya tweets that Bayonetta 2 will be showing up in a magazine

Tuesday, 30th August 2011 19:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Platinum Games’ Hideki Kamiya has possibly hinted that the firm could be dropping word on a Bayonetta sequel in a Japanese gaming magazine this week. Note the words possibly and could and how they are used in that sentence.

It all started when a fan asked Kamiya when a sequel to the game may be announced. According to a reply from the Bayonetta director: “This week… in a game magazine…”

Kamiya failed to indicate whether he was joking or serious with a follow-up reply or the prerequisite wink or other keyboard created smiley.

Last October, Platinum co-founder Atsushi Inaba said a sequel would happen “when the time is right”, and when we asked SEGA about the tweet this afternoon, a representative told us that the firm “does not comment on rumors or speculation. ”

So, either the game will get an announcement this week or it won’t. Maybe it will be saved for TGS next month.

Maybe, none of the above.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Dark

OMG!!!!

2. osric90

Hope it comes out finals 2012 or 2013 so there’s a MAJOR change and lots of extras and stuff… Bayonetta (1) is really hard to beat up right now so the second (if there’s any) better be too damn great.

3. Johnny Cullen

That’s a TGS unveil locked, then.

4. The_Red

Hell, YES. Loved the original. Loved every single pixel of it. Hopefully this one can live up to its name.

5. Clupula

Wouldn’t it be great if it came out the same day as dMc, just to blow that piece of shit away?

6. Ireland Michael

@5 Wouldn’t it be even better if people stopped bashing a game that haven’t even played out of pure fanboy driven spite? It’s sad.

Anyway, this… this… If I could put down a preorder already, I would. I want this more than I want children… okay, not really, but you know what I mean!

7. Clupula

Hey, they want to disrespect the legacy of the previous Devil May Cry games, then they deserve all the spite thrown at them.

When I played Bayonetta, my first thought was, “Wow, this is great. Capcom are going to have to try really hard to top this in Devil May Cry 5.” And I wanted to see Capcom do it. But instead, we get angsty DINO (Dante In Name Only) in 30fps on the Unreal Engine, with some bullshit angel story thrown in, just to further shit on the first four games.

8. noherczeg

Fix her head please. Since I don’t have a console I couldn’t play with the first one, yet in these conditions it was really annoying to see pics and vids about her.