Tue, Aug 30, 2011 | 08:40 BST
BULLETCAST, August 30 – What you need to know now
It’s Battlefield day for the three-man team currently in Sweden. But we never stop for anything, including bank holidays. Get all the main news below.
No video. Pat. Sweden. DICE.
- Featured content:: Donaldson took a look at Platinum’s Anarchy Reigns in Cologne at gamescom a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be looking like a treat, going by what he seen. See Alex’s beautiful words here.
- Rockstar dropped two new screens of Max Payne 3 last night, promising that more news on the game was coming in the “next few months.” If LA Noire’s marketing rollout last year is anything to go by, that’ll be pretty soon, definitely by the end of the year at least anyway.
- Microsoft’s announced it’s to launch a Season Pass for Gears of War 3 at its launch on September 20. The game will offer four DLC packs throughout the next year or so – the first pack’s being aimed for a November release – with a 33 percent discount compared to those who buy the packs without the pass. Buying the pass will cost 2400 MS points.
- Steam confirmed last night that Modern Warfare 3 will have Steamworks support added, as well as dedicated servers. That’ll please the PC massive.
- Nintendo’s detailed a special Skyward Sword bundle for the US. The pack will come with a special gold Wiimote and a soundtrack featuring scores that’ll be played in the Zelda 25th Anniversary orchestra concerts. Game’s out November 18 in Europe and November 20 in the US.
- It is seemingly possible to go through Dishonored without killing anyone, Arkane’s Harvey Smith has said.
- Yakuza and Binary Domain creator Toshihiro Nagoshi is planning a big pre-TGS announcement tomorrow. Don’t be too clusterfucked if it turns out to be a new Yakuza game: they tend to be announced near before the show itself.
- That announcement that Eidos Montreal hyped for Deus Ex: Human Revolution in the in-game info bar over the weekend? It’s now turned into a code of sorts. You solve this one, internet.
- BioWare’s Michael Gamble has said there’ll no more Shepard for future installments in the Mass Effect series: Mass Effect 3 will be Shep/FemShep’s last appearance
- Funcom’s kicked off, later than planned, the beta signups for The Secret World. Bren’s pushing for everyone to be a templar, but I’m not buying her argument..
- Minecraft isn’t on Steam at the moment because of the service’s vendor ToS, Notch has said.
- In other Valve news, Gabe Newell has said that it seen Portal 2 perform better on PC than its PS3 and 360 brethren, but did admit that Left 4 Dead was a series that did a lot better on console than PC.
- Walmart’s to honour a $249 deal for the 4Gb Xbox 360 Kinect that was advertised last week despite it being “mistakenly labeled.” This’ll continue until stock lasts or next Monday.
And that’s it. EU and US wraps to follow this evening, but here’s the continental round-ups from the past 24 hours.