Batman: Arkham City PC still releasing under Games for Windows Live

Tuesday, 30th August 2011 08:59 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Warner’s confirmed to VG247 that Batman: Arkham City for PC will still release under the Games for Windows Live banner.

It comes as it was reported yesterday that the Rocksteady actioner would not release as a GFWL title, according to retailer Green Man Gaming.

Except it is launching as a Live-enabled title, with a Warner rep telling us that “Arkham City is indeed a G4WL [sic] title.”

Game’s out on October 18 in the US and October 21 in the UK for PC as well as 360 and PS3.

1. Edo

For fuck sake…

2. YoungZer0

Is there any person out there who actually thinks that this is a good idea?

3. endgame

no worries. I was running out of money anyway. now I have a legitimate reason to pirate this. cool! :)

4. Ireland Michael

I really don’t see the problem with this.

5. YoungZer0

@3: No, you don’t. GFWL is awful and useless but not a reason to pirate.

6. Tech-N9ne

So what’s the problem? If the fools @1-3 would care to explain. Or u’all just want to whine.

7. StolenGlory

You don’t. At all.

You love Rocksteady right?

8. Yoshi

@5 Agreed, Origin is a reason to pirate :) *thumbs up*

9. Gurdil

Hum… Why the hate? Sure, G4WL isn’t great (at all) but who cares? The game’s still the same, right? Am I missing something? Anyway I don’t care I pre-ordered it on PS3 (the CE was cheaper :P)

10. Dralen

I actually like GFWL.

11. Nissanthen

I really don’t have a problem with this, I do prefer Steamworks and I hate the match making feature in GFWL (especially for larger multiplayer games), but for single player games it is fine.

@3 endgame: Please do not pirate the game, there’s never a legitimate reason to pirate a game. GFWL works fine when it comes to single player games, stop coming up with pathetic excuses, you should be ashamed of yourself.

12. freedoms_stain

It’s not a big issue but it’s a wee but disappointing they’re still going down that route when there are better alternatives out there.

13. triggerhappy

HA! I like GFWL games, means I can add to my achievements, infact I wish there were more GFWL games.

@ 3: Your really shouldn’t say stuff like that on here. Real gamers PAY for their games and support developers.

14. deadstoned

Ahh fuck no, well I wont be buying Batman until its worth £3 which will only take a few months with GFWL attched. Fucking idiots… Shitty Port incoming!

Also Fuck all you Xbox gamers who want to play a PC game with achievements and gamerscore. Thats what your Xbox version is for you dicks.

There is never a legitimate reason to pirate btw. Well unless its totally unavailable in your region via any shop :-/

15. Stoopid_Snot

poor PC players
    remember when I fired up GFWL with Fable 3, damn this system sucks balls, it may work with the 360, but with rigs… no Fing chance

16. viralshag

Being relatively new to the PC scene (built my first rig like 5 years ago or something) I think most of you PC gamers must be doing something seriously wrong or I’m just doing something right…

I never seem to get any issues with GFWL or any of these other similar systems. I quite like having my PC games linked to my Live account on my 360 and vice versa. Like #13 said, I wouldn’t mind if more games had it.

17. NeoSquall

@2 Me, in a world where GfWL didn’t suck balls.
    @3 No, it’s not a legitimate reason at all.

@6 Simple: when a patch is released the GfWL client TAKES OVER your control of the game and forbids you to make any action while it downloads and applies the patch. You can’t even cancel the patching process, you can only forcefully end the task if it’s taking too much time.

You won’t know until the first patch is released.