Rockstar drops new Max Payne 3 screenshots

Monday, 29th August 2011 19:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Rockstar’s released two brand new screenshots of Max Payne 3, the first that have emerged since it started emerging from underground and a blowout from Edge earlier this year. You can get the two shots below. Rockstar says that it’ll begin dishing out more news on the game, being made by its Vancouver studio, in the “next few months.”

It’ll launch on PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Lewis247

Looks amazing. One game I have been so sad about the lack info. Good to know we will be getting more stuff soon. Love what I have seen for. Max payne 1 and 2 on the pc are some of the best games ever.

2. jimmyn28

There’s the Max we all know and love.

3. Yoshi

Nice to see they changed him back :)

4. Stardog

It still isn’t Max Payne. He should be slimmer like Neo from The Matrix. Max isn’t the type who would work out.

Put the real Max Payne in, or change the his damn name. Is that his brother John Payne?

5. HeavyD-Love

Almost forgot about this game. Great to see him with hair again. Wish I could say the same about Bruce Willis.

6. YoungZer0

@4: Or you might shut up and let the developers do what the feel is the right thing to do.

@3: They didn’t he’ll develop during the course of the game.

7. Yoshi

@6 Ahh well let me rephrase, I’m glad they’re starting the game with the normal looking (what everyone recognises) Payne as :) Having him look like we’ve seen from the other pics straight away would have been a bad move.

8. DSB

I’m more concerned about the time it’s taken to develop the game at this point, than whether Max has gotten a makeover.

He’s killed half a city and lost his family, why wouldn’t he grow a mohawk and move to Brazil? Come on now…

9. DaMan

I hope they drop the effin cover system, it’s no Max Payne otherwise.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

To me, Max Payne was awesome for the following 4 reasons.

1. Bullet time
    2. Comic/noir story telling
    3. Max’s voiceovers
    4. The demented shit

I just hope they keep, develop, and expand upon these main points.

11. DaMan

MP was a stylish shooter centered around using bullet time to dodge and outgun everyone, as opposed to playing whack a mole.

12. Ireland Michael

Max Payne was always a bit shit, so anything they do with this game can only be an improvement.

13. DaMan