Mon, Aug 29, 2011 | 09:24 BST
BULLETCAST, August 29 – What you need to know now
What is MLG all about? What does Halo 4′s art look like? And how was Eidos Montreal consulted on augmentations for Deus Ex: Human Revolution? All of these questions and more are answered inside.
No video today. Pat’s getting ready to go to Sweden for our trip to DICE and Battlefield 3.
- Featured content 1: What is Major League Gaming? Brenna answered this question, so you don’t have to. Give her expose a read here.
- Feature content 2: I spoke to Rob “EYEBORG” Spence on his augmentation documentary for Deus Ex; Human Revolution after the game’s European and UK release on Friday. Give that a looky here.
- Halo 4′s received a brand new trailer at PAX last night, showing some of the game’s concept art. It, in all honesty, looks quite fucking amazing. The trilogy of new games in the series, which begins with 4, is now also known as The Reclaimer Trilogy. Get all the details here.
- Sounds like that Persona tease from last week is indeed related to Persona 4: an announce is due to happen by the end of September, but don’t be too surprised if the beans spill before then at TGS. Our money’s on P4P.
- Scrolls, the next big thing from Mojang since Minecraft emerged, will be a multiplatform thing, the company said at PAX this past weekend.
- Bethesda dropped a fair bit of news on Skyrim over PAX weekend, but the big bit is DLC: the first two packs will launch on Xbox Live 30 days before any other service.
- BioWare’s announced that FemShep will be a redhead by default in Mass Effect 3. You made the right choice, internet.
- Besides giving away Borderlands 2 copies to everyone in attendance at its panel, Gearbox confirmed a new update for the original game on PC. It’ll include Steamworks, piling up metric information and more at the start of next month. September 9, to be specific.
- In other Gearbox news, company head Randy Pitchford confirmed it isn’t done with Baker-based Brothers in Arms games, confirming that one is in development alongside Furious 4.
- Eidos Montreal is teasing something in regards to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It’s all going down at 11pm BST or 10pm GMT tonight. We reckon deeds on New Game + might be the answer.
- Here’s a video of FIFA 12 that aired during the football yesterday.
- And Lollipop Chainsaw footage from PAX, to boot. Because we love you.
- A Japanese analyst firm is predicting Monster Hunter announcements for Tokyo Game Show. We’re calling it: Monster Hunter Vita.
And that’s your lot. Back tomorrow with hopefully video too. Also, heads-up: it’s a UK bank holiday, so it’ll be very slow today. We’ll update as much as we can, though.