Mon, Aug 29, 2011 | 08:36 BST
AU News Wrap, August 29 – What Happened Today
It’s what time? Well, it’s good thing I a) like you a lot and b) have absolutely no life.
“What the hell is MLG?”: The Wide World of eSports
I got sick of answering this question individually with MGTFY links.
If the call of the news sounds, I must answer. That’s what I told the dentist when she was like “you need to be in my office just after five tomorrow”. What are the chances I’ll get out early tomorrow just so I have no excuses? Woe. Because I’ve moved countries four times in the last five years, I haven’t exactly kept up with the annual check ups. What if they are all rotten. A good thing I like soup.
Anyway, some gaming stuff happened today in between my brushing my teeth every ten minutes. I’ll leave you in Johnny’s capable hands, and shortly Pat will have a delightful Bulletcast for you, summing up the weekend.
- New art-based Halo 4 trailer airs at PAX panel – watch
On a Sunday evening when he ought to have been maxin’ and relaxin’, Johnny got so excited about Halo he did some work instead. Weirdo.
- MLG: Raleigh Pro Circuit live streaming now
Well, I mean, obviously not now, but at the time.
- Team Ninja considering Vita Ninja Gaiden release
Great, I can break my entire system rather than just my controller.
- Borderlands PC patch to bring Steamworks and metric collection
I haven’t played Borderlands, ever. I’ll pick it up next sale. I got Metro 2033 in this week’s sale – as a gift! Thanks, Mythor.
- Guild Wars 2 to let noobs and veterans play together
It really sounds like ArenaNet have thought about why multiplayer gaming can be difficult to get into.
- Gearbox gives out free Borderlands 2 codes, demands oath of loyalty
Wow. The 900 people in that room probably represented day-one purchases. That’s pretty generous.
- Amazon posts Silent Hill: Downpour release date, cover art
Excite? God, what a month that will be.
- Dead Island’s items and crafting to appeal to RPG fans
Why didn’t they release this three months ago? Look at my schedule! WEEPITY.
- Mojang sketches outline of Scrolls economy
My first headline said “details”, and then I was like, there are no details.
- 2K: “Fuck it, we’re gonna go all out” with The Darkness II
A headline swear! Maybe Pat will give me a bonus. Or a demotion.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution storming Steam charts
It’s really the core demographic.
- Persona 4 announce teased
Johnny actually starts flailing his arms around when you mention this series. Really.
- Starhawk gameplay footage out of Comic-Con
Things explode, people rave.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations to answer seven of ten questions
This is the one that makes me flail around. Can. Not. Wait.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution message teased
Ten bucks on new game plus, five on difficulty patch.
- Baker-led Brothers in Arms title in development at Gearbox
Johnny wrote this one. This series kind of went by me. Is it important?
- FIFA 12 TV ad gets airing during Man Utd-Arsenal match
Another Johnny revelation. He’s going faster than me because he cheats.
- Lollipop Chainsaw gets five minute off-screen video from PAX
Johnny again. I’m considering sabotaging his login.
- Borderlands 2 to be one third bigger than first game
When somebody else says this in six months’ time, I’m almost certain to have forgotten about it.
- Skyrim 360 to come in one disc, says Bethesda
Johnny clearly had his wheaties this morning.
- New Monster Hunter announcements expected for TGS, says analyst firm
Thanks for reminding me the TGS is a Thing, Johnny, now I have the cold sweats again. Oh god so much to do before then.
- Monday Shorts – Farewell PAX edition, socks, David Jaffe swears
Man, David Jaffe. He is the most fun.
- THQ opens public poll for UFC Undisputed 3 cover athlete
Johnny won’t be so energetic in about ten minutes when the illicit substances wear off.
Today’s header image is a promotional shot of the Dandy Warhols, a band which continues to delight. There’s something quite Bowie-esque about their experimentation, and then also, they rock.