Mass Effect 3 – Default Female Shepard is a redhead

Saturday, 27th August 2011 20:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The internet has spoken, and in our opinion, chose wisely: Female Shepard will be a redhead by default in Mass Effect 3. She’s also going to grace the cover of the Mass Effect 3 Collector’s Edition. The luscious fiery-locked babe pulled in 19,576 votes, and in second came the black-haired gal with 12,838 votes. The brunette version beat the blonde for third with 5,574 and 5,436, respectively. More proof redheads are the best. Thanks GameFront.

1. Stardog

Just proves how stupid this series is getting. Nothing has improved on the first game.

2. DSB

Probably says more about the audience that femsheps hair is such a major focal point.

3. LOLshock94

OOOFFFTTT PWOARRRRR

4. klewd

are you kidding? mass effect 1 was a shit game in comparison. sure there were things that didn’t improve, but on a general basis it got a lot better.

5. Johnny Cullen

Proof that there is a God and proof that the internet isn’t mostly stupid.

6. OrbitMonkey

I believe I know what influenced this decision

7. Edo

I honestly enjoy this series ,and can’t wait for ME3 but, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc .

8. DSB

@4 It just got turned into a generic third person shooter, that’s not neccesarily an improvement on an RPG.

9. Phoenixblight

I was a bit worried I didn’t want a blonde on my game. I selected red head when the second round went.

Smoking crack much?

Its just a default fem the one on the game was fugly and all screwed up if they are going to put it on the case of ME3 at least make it presentable which they did along with letting fans of the series pick it out. I know I will be changing mine to be more to my liking and this does nothing for the game. Just extra fluff for the game.

10. Dark

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!

11. freedoms_stain

If there was a fire crotch appreciation society I’d probably be the President, therefore I approve of this development.

12. triggerhappy

Not the one I would have picked, but hey. I don’t dislike it. At least she’s not blonde, no offence blondies :P

13. Ireland Michael

Surely this will be made redundant by the fact that you can customise their appearance anyway? All they’re literally doing is changing *one* colour variable, while the player base thinks they’ve been presented with some sort of actual choice in the development of the game.

14. Freek

Ah yes, because if she was blond and also atractive that would automaticly mean that she was also really dumb.

15. HauntaVirus

LOL, she looks like an a$$ with red hair.

16. osric90

Now open polls for FULL NUDITY, LESBIAN SEX and THREESOMEs. I want to see this redhead banging Miranda… and Tali… at the same time! In my second playthrough. First one is with my 3 hour-design-spent male character.

17. Henry

What?! I thought blonde got most votes?

18. Kuwabara

@1 your absolutely right, and everyone else is an idiot. Firstly, i got mass effect 2 and finished, and got proof if u think i havent played the game. The game is the most over rated game of all time, well after halo. There was no climax to the ME2, the whole time im waiting for a battle with the reapers or something exciting, as the trailer seemed to make clear, but the final mission was such a let down, the boss at the end was the worst ever in video games history, and easiest, and the harvest for minerals was a bore, every mission was basically go to this location and shoot, free someone, graphics generally being uninspired, except for 1 or 2 places, but every other area was the same and looked rushed. Other game modes such as being in a vehicle and jumping from one spot to another was shit. It feels like a interactive movie more so than a game. Even the shooting scenarios were the same, come against a group of enimies, take them out, again and again. There was never any EPIC moments. One or two goos monents that involved sniping and thats it. Wouldnt give the game more than a 7 out of 10. Its good to play if ur bored and have nothing else to do, but then ending ruined it.

19. ASBI

What is wrong with red heads anyway ?
    why some people hate them ? they even made a joke about them not being human !!
    and now I see some of you hate blondes ?
    its just a videogame plz dont bother with this stuff

20. Dralen

I like the face but I’ll probably just change her hair colour in game anyway.

I don’t have anything against redheads, I just personally preferred the original blonde model.

21. NeoSquall

@6 “Amy PPPPPPPPPPPPond.”

@16 yeah, I’d vote these polls too. Redhead Femshep vs Tali…

22. Kabby

Does this mean Steph will be doing cosplay coverage in the future dressed as Femshep?

23. onlineatron

Emma Stone is a redhead. I love Emma Stone.

FemShep is a redhead. I love FemShep.

Simple.

24. Johnny Cullen

I think the conclusion we can come to here is that redheads are fantastically awesome.

25. Kabby

Depends on the boobs. Really.

26. AHA-Lambda

@24 – indeed =)

suddenly im not happy with my male shephard anymore but heck im stuck with him =P