It’s Deus Ex day tomorrow. Who’s pumped? I am. Surely you are too? Of course you are.
Tomorrow, you’re going to start seeing post-gamescom stuff coming from me and Pat, as well as Alex’s heroic continued efforts too. What is it that’s going live tomorrow? Well, let’s just say it’s a kick-ass RPG shooter that’s coming next year. Surely you know what this is by now? But I was still dishing out news like there was no tomorrow. So lets get you caught up, shall we?
- Featured Content 1: Crash, Bang, Wallop: Hands-On with Burnout Crash
Mr. Donaldson takes a look at Criterion’s unexpected first foray into Burnout since 2008.
- Featured Content 2: With or without Jobs, Apple is the next major games firm
Pat takes a look at how Steve Jobs’ resignation from Apple last night will affect the company’s roadpath in becoming a major gaming firm. Spoilers: not too much.
- Capcom unleashes half-hour Dragon’s Dogma video from gamescom
This isn’t looking too shabby. Keep an eye on it.
- Warner to give away custom Arkham City 360 at PAX this weekend
That is a proper kickass 360. I want it.
- PixelJunk Sidescroller gets new trailer
I have a small soft spot in me for anything PixelJunk. This isn’t any different.
- Porsche blocked from Forza Motorsport 4 by EA deal
I have no opinion to give on this other than peace and love, man.
- Valve: MS needs to be “comfortable” in opening up Xbox Live
Hoping that this happens sooner than later: Steamworks worked to near perfection with Portal 2 on PS3 (I say near because Portal 2 released when PSNGate started happening, so that damps it a bit)
- Battlefield 3 playable at Insomnia43 this weekend
We’re off to Sweden on Monday to see the game at DICE! And by we, I mean Pat and two readers, but not me. Sad =( Look out for coverage on that.
- Weak PS3 UK performance “something we want to address,” says new SCEE boss
Andy House’s successor is looking to fix wrongs into rights right from the bat.
- Konami bringing four Vita titles to TGS, details line-up
But there’s no mention of Metal Gear Solid: Rising on that list. Then again, Kojima did say he wanted to unveil his newest game at the show this year. Maybe it’ll happen?
- New Atlus teaser site hints at something Persona related
Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let this be Persona 4 for PSP. Or even Vita? Perhaps 3DS? Don’t care where, frankly, just give me P4P!
- Neverdead gets TGS trailer, new screens
Rebellion’s third-person actioner gets a runout ahead of TGS.
- Euro Trine 2 PC set to launch in Q4
Still no word of the console versions, though.
- Bethesda confirms same-sex marriages for Skyrim
Skyrim is sounding like a better place to live than the real world. Pat, I’m taking November 11 off.
- Job listing for next Treyarch game calls for “an expert understanding of the Call of Duty universe”
Big shock. Big, big shock.
- Sonic CD announced for winter release on consoles, PC, iOS and Android
Considering this is a prequel to Sonic 4, Ep I, this could be the perfect time to release this before Episode II.
- Rumour: 360 4Gb dropping to $249 from next week
This probably isn’t a coincidence with Sony’s price-cut taking effect as of last week.
And that’s it. One more sleep to go before Deus. I’m pumped. Are you? See you tomorrow.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.