Thu, Aug 25, 2011 | 10:08 BST
BULLETCAST, August 24 – What you need to know now
Steve Jobs resigned and Space Marine’s awesome. Some other stuff happened in the past 24 hours. Here are the major headlines.
- Steve Jobs resigned as Apple’s CEO last night.
- GameStop pulled the PC version of Deus Ex over an included OnLive code. Expect more of this as we move on.
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is amazing. Watch me play it here, and see the latest trailers here. It’s out in the next few weeks.
- The PES 12 demo’s been released on PS3 and PC, but the 360 version’s been delayed.
- Kanye West’s to perform at Call of Duty XP next week.
- Rhythm Heaven and 3DS won in Japan last week.
- You can really screw up Mass Effect 3. See why, but beware of spoilers.
- The Origin end-user agreement doesn’t allow you to opt out of data collection. Nice.
- Had DRM troubles with your PC version of From Dust? You can get your money back.
- Kinect Star Wars and the R2D2 Xbox 360 bundle have been delayed.
- DICE has said that there’ll be no home servers for the PC version of Battlefield 3. Some people care, some don’t.
- Skyrim’s Face Creator will be shown at PAX this weekend.
- Diablo III’s got a new community site.
- Resistance may be farmed out to another developer, Insomniac told us at gamescom.
- Sony WWS boss Shuhei Yoshida reckons Vita will have a “continuous supply of software”.
- And here are some new Dishonored shots for you. Purdy.
Here are the three shift wraps from the last 24 hours:
- AU News Wrap, August 25 – What happened today
- US News Wrap, August 24 – What Happened Today
- European News Wrap, August 24 – What happened today