You will soon be playing DOTA 2. If you live in the US, you’re probably already playing Deus Ex, and if you’re in Europe you’ll be doing so on Friday. Old news? New news? Battlefield 3 TDM caps, Rock Band’s refusal to die and plenty more. Catch up on the last 24 hours in video and text form inside.
- Featured content: Alex took a good look at both the upcoming Vita and PS3 versions of Resistance at gamescom last week. Interview included.
- Press will be added to the closed DOTA 2 beta in “a few weeks,” Valve said last night.
- Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch is to be capped at 24 players on PC, apparently.
- Weekly Famitsu will feature Vita announcements leading up to TGS in September. What are they? We don’t know.
- Reuters rumoured last night that a less expensive iPhone 4 is heading to China in the next month, and that iPhone 5 is going to be a Sprint affair in the US.
- Sonic 4: Episode 2 won’t release until 2012.
- A Little King’s Story sequel is in the works for PS Vita.
- Guild Wars 2 will feature over 1,500 dynamic events.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines’ first trailer is good. Watch it. We’re not lying.
- House of the Dead: Overkill has been refused classification in Australia.
- Hidetaka ‘Swery’ Suehiro has said he has plans to expand Deadly Premonition into a series.
- The Secret World will contain persistent, large-scale PvP warzones. Still no date, though.
- Ubisoft’s announced its PAX line-up.
- As has Capcom.
- Square’s released a narrated version of the latest Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer.
- Here’s another oldie with added dev narration – this time it’s the Assassin’s Creed: Revelations demo.
- Want to watch 40 minutes of DOTA 2 championship play from gamescom? Thought so.
- Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown will hit XBL and PSN next summer.
- The Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine demo’s up on XBL now.
- Rock Band isn’t dead. Harmonix told us so at gamescom.
- The Black Ops: Rezurrection pack is now available from Live.
And here are the three shift wraps from the last 24 hours: