Wed, Aug 24, 2011 | 08:32 BST
AU News Wrap, August 24 – What Happened Today
Today, I learned a lot of things about video games, and also, one thing about Jodie Foster.
Vive la Résistance: Hands-on with Sony’s Chimeric shooter
Alex tried out both new Resistance games and talked to Sony about this favourite franchise.
One of the first things Pat told me when he logged on this afternoon (what you call morning on the other side of the world there) is that Jodie Foster speaks perfect French. My contribution to this discussion was that she is awesome . Anthony Hopkins? Also awesome. The whole series of Hannibal Lectre books? Awesome. Everything’s awesome.
Especially video game news amirite. Here’s your headlines; go back further in time with the US and EU wraps. Pat will be along shortly to inform your further with the Bulletcast, but don’t expect any useful facts about celebrities from him. He reserves those for us.
- House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut refused classification in Australia
Well. How unsurprising.
- Theme Park reinvented as free-to-play iOS game
Time to dig this one out again. I loved it.
- Deadly Premonition creator keen on sequel, prequel, and re-release
Can he get funding for it, though? *cough cough Atlus cough cough*
- US PS Store Update, August 23 – Resistance 3, PSN PLAY, Parasite Eve II
I like formatting this list almost as much as I like stubbing my toe. Almost.
- Portal short film is amazing
I was going to sit on this as it’s neither official nor new, but when it was sent to me for the fifth time…
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 leads supply trailer commentary
This is a treasure for Final Fantasy obsessives.
- Guild Wars 2 to feature over 1,500 dynamic events
This genuinely sounds amazing.
- See 40 minutes of DOTA 2 gamescom stream
Incredibly high level play, and this is the first tournament.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution director bemoans flawed AI
Developers are usually the harshest critics because they only see the problems – but they rarely mention it in public.
- Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch capped at 24 players on PC
Hopefully the PC fanbase of the series is more interested in the hardcore modes.
- First Bungie Aerospace game arrives next week
It’s called Crimson: Steam Pirates and it looks a lot like that one with the planes.
- Little King’s Story sequel in the works for PS Vita
Oh, I want this immediately. Thanks, Konami!
- Sony: Consumers not interested in poor quality 3D
This is quite true! Passive 3D cinema, for example, is absolute balls compared to active shutters.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations gamescom demo – now with commentary
This developer commentary thing is gaining traction.
- Dungeon Defenders to release on October 19
There’s a new trailer in there, too.