Batman: Arkham City bonus Robin skins revealed

Tuesday, 23rd August 2011 01:14 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Adding to the dazzling array of pre-order bonuses for Batman: Arkham City are a couple of character skins for the dark knight’s most faithful companion.

Following on from its Batman pre-order bonus skin fashion parade, the team at ArkhamCity.co.uk turned up Amazon.de’s images of three Robin skins.

The bonus skins are Red Robin and his animated series incarnation; the standard costume is shown, now with hood.

Robin was confirmed to appear in Arkham City towards the end of June, but was first mentioned as early as March.

It’s not yet clear how great the boy wonder’s role will be, although he will appear in a bonus challenge map.

Batman: Arkham City is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in October, with a Wii U version to follow.

Thanks, GameInformer.

1. TerraZet

Umm… Nightwing costume?

2. Ireland Michael

@1 I hate to parade my nerdhood, but… This is the Tim Drake Robin,. It was Dick Grayson who took up the mantle of Nightwing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nightwing ends up being a separate character in this game or a future sequel, so they probably don’t want to cause any confusion by putting Drake in the Nightwing outfit.

3. TerraZet

Drake? Why are you talking about Nathan Drake? This is Batman.

Robin was nightwing before he was damian wayne so this game is just really wrong. I cancelled my pre-order :/

4. ultramega

Robin is like the anti-bad ass; the opposite of Batman.

5. Ireland Michael

@3 I can’t tell if you’re joking or serious with that first remark. =P

I don’t follow your point in the second paragraph. The original Robin was Dick Grayson. It was he who became Nightwing. This is Tim Drake. Tim Drake has never been Nightwing.

The game is its own canon, so it doesn’t even have to follow continuity, but it’s obvious by the exclusion of the Nightwing costume that they probably have plans for him as an individual character. Who knows, he might even be in Arkham City?

@4 I don’t know, with the muted colours his costume in this game looks pretty badass.

6. jiujinwoshizml

Come go and see, will not regret it Oh look