Gears of War 3’s gold and gamescom got seriously packed. All this and Johnny dancing with Harmonix. Catch up on the weekend’s headlines now.
- Featured content: Alex spoke to Greg Zeschuk at gamescom about The Old Republic. Don’t miss it.
- Gamescom saw more than 275,000 people through its doors last week, which probably goes some way to explaining worrying scenes of overcrowding on Saturday.
- Johnny begrudgingly agreed to be videoed shaking his thang in a two-player Dance Central 2 game with Harmonix’s John Drake at gamescom. Honestly, he had to be dragged into this room by wild horses.
- The opening cinematic for Gears of War 3’s been released. The shooter went gold late last week.
- DOOM 4’s single-player is to have half the frame-rate of its multiplayer, apparently.
- It’s Valve’s “goal” to provide cross-platform play for CS: Global Offensive.
- 3DS’s Ambassador Program is still running in Europe. It was supposed to end on August 12.
- If you haven’t got a pre-order for The Old Republic, you may want to start thinking about that: “When they’re gone, they’re gone,” apparently.
- World of Warcraft is still the most-played PC game in America. Xbox 360 is the most-played console.
- Here’s the latest Guild Wars 2 footage. There’s a bunch of gameplay there. It’s looking super-great.
- The LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack will launch on September 14.
- Binary Domain will launch on February 14 in US and February 17 in Europe.
- IO said last week that past Hitman games sometimes “just failed”.
- D-Pad Studios’ Owl Boy has a demo. It’s an indie, RPG-ish platformer, and looks well worth a stab.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.