It was a beautiful day. The sun shone, birds sang, I drank a lot of cough medicine and news flew from my fingertips like nourishing rain on the earth of the Internet. One or more of these things is not true.
The Force is Strong in This One: Talking to Greg Zeschuk
At gamescom, Alex spoke to one half of BioWare’s famous doctors. Inexplicably, he failed to ask about Liara.
The week ahead is going to be brilliant, because we’ll have loads and loads of excellent content from gamescom. If you have a pointy stick, put it through the bars of Pat, Johnny and Alex’s cage and screech, “transcribe! Transcriiiiibe!” until they fling things at you.
Still, one of the highlights of the year has passed – although, with the madness of gamescom behind us, it’s now just a few weeks until the Tokyo Game Show. As a result, I spent much of the day panicking about whether I can possibly get everything done before then – but as they say, it’ll all come good on the night. What a pity it’s a daytime show.
It’s going to be a really mad few months.
- Gamescom 2011 hits 275,000 attendees
Johnny popped in to post this. Gamescom is rapidly becoming the best show of the year. Sorry, E3.
- Adrift unveiled at gamescom
Survival – with or without horror – is rapidly becoming my favourite genre. This on top of the I Am Alice teaser and recent reveal of Black Death, I am delighted.
- Razer viral campaign teases Friday reveal
Definitely at that end of the hardware cycle. Again.
- Monolith talks Gotham City Impostors customisation
Despite our cunning superhero disguises, Team VG247 is easily identifiable by howls of outrage and fury every time I clock Johnny.
- Put your crew to work in Star Wars: The Old Republic
Gathering genetic material from aliens. Rrrright.
- Skyrim’s interface, crafting and Fallout 3 recycling explained
This might sound like small stuff, but seriously, there’s a very vocal fanbase who go mental every time Bethesda change anything. At all. Ever.
- 3DS Ambassador Program registration still open in Europe
Oh shit, I forgot to register. Oh, shit! I forgot to buy a 3DS.
- PSP E-1000 tech specs reveal fewer features, greater mass
I’ve got a Crisis Core PSP. That was a great game – or was it just that I spent that year sick in bed and liked everything that wasn’t a ceiling?
- DOOM 4 single player to have half frame rate of multiplayer
Oh come on, half of you have your consoles hooked up to 720 TVs with banana cables. What do you know from visual fidelity.
- Obsidian: Traditional RPG design encourages ‘degenerate behaviour’
Ha ha, oh god, I really debated with myself over this headline.
- Gameloft to go universal with iOS releases
Someone who mysterious has an iPad but not an iPhone is very, very excited.
- Owl Boy demo available now
I am going to be all over this shizzle tonight.
- King of Fighters tutorial videos now available
I am so bad at fighters. I’m bad at everything, obviously, but especially fighters.
- Videogame History Museum project in jeopardy
I’d be happier about this whole thing if it was “video game”. *grits teeth*
- Amazon throws PlayStation 3 sale
Nier for just 15 bucks? What’s wrong with you people. Seriously.
- IO: Past Hitman games sometimes “just failed”
It takes a lot of humility to say that. But, as someone recently observed, it’s the game’s that aren’t perfect but show amazing potential that most deserve sequels.
- UFC Undisputed 3 trailer shows new moves
This was Johnny. He’ll probably tell you about it again come four.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.