Fri, Aug 19, 2011 | 22:16 BST
Friday Shorts II: Gears 3 gold, iPad 3, W8, more post-it wars, Spyro shots
It’s time for a second round of shorts to get the weekend started. Some of you have already started the weekend. Just don’t pass out, or you could get pranked.
- Sony has updated the US PS Movie store with: Priest, Something Borrowed, The Conspirator, Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil, more.
- Salem, the free-to-play crafting MMO from Paradox, has been videoed.
- Apple iPad 3 on track for early 2012, likely with Retina Display. Wha huh?
- Epic’s Rod Fergusson has said Gears of War 3 is not just another “popcorn action” game.
- Speaking of Gears of War 3: it has gone gold. A cake and videos of the part prove it.
- Marvel was apparently worried Capcom would get Dr. Strange wrong in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
- Moonlight Online will launch by the end of 2011.
- Speaking of the Earth’s celestial satellite, To the Moon, an indie adventure game developed by Freebird Games , will arrive this fall.
- Microsoft is building App Store for Windows 8. And we just bought W7 a month ago. @#$%^!!!!
- Watch Blizzard open the gates of hell in Cologne. Don’t ask questions. Just watch it.
- For those into tech, read up on how Microsoft engineered Kinect to withstand gamers and lightning strikes.
- Transformers Universe MMO was on hand at gamescom. Trust us on this one.
- Remember the post-it art window-war Ubisoft was having with a neighboring bank? Well, the developer won, to say the least.
- No, Sports Interactive doesn’t have its own version of Football Manager in development – or in the pipeline for Vita.
- Check out some more shots of Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure below.