BULLETCAST, August 19 – The gamescom thoughts video

Friday, 19th August 2011 09:47 GMT By Patrick Garratt

I’ve spent half of this week at gamescom in Germany. Here’s what I thought about the show’s 2011 edition compared to E3 this year.

Spoiler: gamescom 2011 was a great show. I’m going to stay longer next year. Here are my impressions:

And here are the shift wraps from the past 24 hours. Stay informed, newshounds:

1. Gekidami

So you interviewed Cinderella on the Kinect hardware and its position in the company? What did she say? :P

2. Patrick Garratt

Funny :)

Cinderella had gone back to hugging children. It was Shannon Loftis. She gave me a great answer. I’ll do it later.

3. Gurdil

I thought DMC looked like Bayonetta too, even the décors. A bit too much maybe on this side. But still, as much as I loved Bayonetta and can’t wait for the second one (yes it will come!), I just wasn’t excited with the DMC demo. But I’ll wait and see ;-)

4. TD_Monstrous69

Some interesting insight on the games trade shows (namigly E3 vs. GamesCom). I agree with Pat Garratt about the state of E3, something does need to change when it comes to that show. Though I’m not too sure if it’ll ever come, seeing as how 1.) The people who run it [I believe] have it rented at the Los Angeles Convention Center for the next 5 years, and 2.) The american games press seem quite content with its current format (then again, that’s just judging from G4′s coverage here in America), would be nice though if there was a day for the consumers, the fans, to be able to get into the convention, and see all the stuff there. I can’t really argue his points about GamesCom, but I can’t neccesarily agree with them. Only because I’ve never been there, though I would really like to go within the next couple of years. Though I’m not too sure if I’ll ever be able to afford it, because I’ll be in school. Plus, already planning on going to one of the PAX events here in the states (most likely PAX East, seeing as how I could just take a train to get to it). I look forward to reading VG247′s interviews from the developer’s making some of the epic titles coming this fall, as well as coming in 2012. Also, can’t wait to hear more about Vita. I also agree with sir Garratt about it. They get what Nintendo doesn’t about next-gen handhelds, and it does seem to have carved a nice niche for itself within the market. For the first time, I’m actually looking forward to a handheld gaming console.

5. BraveArse

Thanks for that pat. Totally agree re: the vita. It’s exactly what I do with my wifi iPad, although I carry it around n my bag too as im never too far from a wifi signal. I’ll be getting the wifi model and using it when the mrs is watching the tv, or when I’m in Starbucks nursing a large crappucino.

Really intrigued by the social/location based features, particularly the scoreboards etc. I fully expect it to replace at least one of my consoles, and it probably won’t be the one it connects directly to.

6. tenthousandgothsonacid

I’ve not been keeping up. When did you shave !?!

Good to see the opened cardboard box is still a feature though :)

7. Yoshi

With the Vita 3G do you need a contract or anything? Or is it just a one time purchase?