The unusual lack of updates from the Australian desk today has nothing to do with The Sims Social. Yes sirree. Those two things are completely unrelated.
Gosh have we had some good content this week; I hope you’ve all been checking out the excellent gamescom coverage from Johnny, Pat and Alex. We have absolutely loads more coming, probably for weeks and weeks, because we saw everything.
Well, I mean, I say “we”. I stayed at home. Sob.
To everyone’s relief, Pat’s back at the Bulletcast helm, and will be along shortly to brighten your day.
- Gamescom trailer treasures unearthed – World of Tanks, Planetside 2, more
So many trailers, and I have to watch them all. I love my job.
- Atari reshuffles to power social and mobile push
New executives, yawn, right? Take a look at their work histories.
- Driver: San Francisco Shift mechanic drove coma plot
This just rocketed up my priorities list.
- Watch nine minutes of Assassin’s Creed: Revelations’ gamescom demo
- Analysts point to Australian games industry growth
- EA teases “a couple” of classic property revivals
I loved Road Rash, so much. I bet I’d be balls awful at a modern version.
- Moore: “We don’t have to outsell Call of Duty”
Whereas Acti really, really has to outsell Battlefield 3.
- Microsoft hasn’t given up on Japanese Xbox fans
About 17 people are very relieved to hear it. Jokes! Jokes. It’s nine.
- Frobisher Says “play my stupid video game”
Frobisher’s a bossy little pellet.
- Kinect titles rake in sales, Europe not as keen on Dance Central
I would have guessed it was the other way around actually, but maybe it comes down to who liked Wii Sports most.
- Resistance: Burning Skies dev finds Vita not that different to PS3
Twin sticks, man. Twin. Sticks.
- Cryptic details transition to Perfect World subsidiary
It sounds like PWE is making it as smooth as possible for the team.
- Sony: There’s a “real strong” market for rich portable gaming
I can imagine smartphones et al getting there in a few years, though. Especially if we jump on touch controls.
Now, I have to go and, um, not play The Sims Social some more. Stace is on the case now, and… oh, I never noticed that rhyme before, I bet he hates it. Anyway, you’re in good hands.