Silent Hill: Book of Memories shots are interesting

Thursday, 18th August 2011 21:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Konami showed off Silent Hill: Book of Memories at gamescom this week, and has sent along shots of the title for those who didn’t attend. The game is set for release on Vita, and is the first multiplayer Silent Hill title ever. This cooperative mode lets players explore the Otherworlds together, which includes limited resources and a dark atmosphere. The story follows a mysterious book, which includes all of the player’s memory – and this content can be altered too, apparently. Silent Hill: Book of Memories is slated for release in early 2012.

1. Renegade

Childish Graphics

2. Gekidami

Why do i get the impression this was originally meant to be a phone game? …Oh yeah, because it looks horrible, cheap and a cut under everything else we’ve seen announced for the Vita.

3. Warcen

i really want to see assasins creed on the device

4. Blerk

This looks remarkably poor. And absolutely nothing like a Silent Hill game to boot. No atmosphere whatsoever in those shots.

5. absolutezero

Tomm Hulett is fucking cancer.

6. Sini

:( Seriously, fuck this generation, I want to go back to last decade.

7. marijnlems

The implied assumption that what fans REALLY want from a new Silent Hill game is yet another forced Pyramid Head appearance shows that these developers understand NOTHING about the franchise.

Thank God the old games are getting a HD release; I’ll just replay those.

8. CycloneFox

I’m really looking foreward to it, as to any silent hill game.^^ I played SH 1-7 and will play downpour and buy a psvita at day1, so I’m happy about more stuff to play.^^ I just love the franchise, even if it went some different way nowerdays.

What silent hill really needs is a graphically overwhelming co production between western and Japanese studios with akira yamaoka music and a storyline that is both full of really good twists and psychological so that you can talk about it for years.
    But that thinking is impossible, so I just play and enjoy what’s coming and support the franchise as much as possible. I liked any SH game. Some more some less, but I was never really disappointed.

9. Ireland Michael

Silent Hill was a truly unique creative and artistic endeavour made by some very passionate and talented people.

Without those people and their special touch to guide the series, this franchise will never, ever regain the same heights it did back in the PS2 days.

10. Phoenixblight

Says you. All you need is another group of passionate and talented people to do their own interpretation of the series. Who are you to say that its not possible ever?

I enjoyed Origins and Shattered Memories, The Room as much as I have enjoyed Silent Hill 2 or 3, just in a different way.

You can believe the series dead and thats fine but I will to continue to buy the games every single one of them has brought something different even Homecoming.

11. Ireland Michael

@10 “All you need is another group of passionate and talented people to do their own interpretation of the series. Who are you to say that its not possible ever?”

Maybe some day it might be possible, but that kind of collaborative talent only comes around once in a life-time. It will be a miracle if it ever happens again.

I will give Shattered Memories credit where it is due, but even then it’s lacked the real, disturbing psychology and the genuine willingness not to compromise on the scares that made 2 and 3 such poignant experiences for me. At no point playing Shattered Memories did I ever feel scared or unnerved by what I was experiencing.

12. mojo

“Book of memories is a massive departure for the series – focusing on copperative multiplayer action rathern then traditional psychological horror”

/facepalm