First Portal 2 DLC expected in mid-September

Thursday, 18th August 2011 18:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Valve’s Portal 2 DLC is still heading your way this summer, and according to spokesman Doug Lombardi, it will be released sometime in mid-September. No further information was revealed about the content, but we’ve previously been told by the firm it will contain new test chambers, new challenge modes, and other nice nuggets for Mac, PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. Thanks, Kotaku.

1. DarkElfa

Didn’t they say after the launch that we would be getting the first DLC around the beginning of the summer?

2. Phoenixblight

THought it was a general statement of it being released in the summer.

3. Stephany Nunneley

technically, mid-sept is still summer – you have until the 21st and then it is fall. :) (although it is still hot as freaking blazes around here despite the name of the season)

4. DSB

That’s such a female thing to say.

September = Fall. Man-logic wins!

5. LOLshock94

anyone not get abit pissed that there are 100s of people work at valve but only like 30 of them worked on portal 2? i mean if they had 60 are something this game would of came out a year early and probely be extra 3 hours long

6. Phoenixblight

Valve only has Customer service and Tech people THey use a small group to develop games its more cost effectective and they can spend time on the quality unlike 90% of the industry which are worried about deadlines.

I would rather wait for quality product than have a half baked product. ANd more people doesn’t always mean better quality. ANd its free so they can take however long they feel they need.

7. LOLshock94

@6 yeah but they are loaded with so much money its unreal they could have a team the size of blizzard and still get money

8. Fin

Before Gears 3 I hope!

9. Phoenixblight

Well the DLC is free so there is no pursuit of money.

10. LOLshock94

@9 yeah im not fuzzed about the dlc its just all there games in general

11. Stephany Nunneley

@4 and your man logic fails miserably. :P *wink* Don’t you know women are always right whether they are or not?

12. DSB

@11 Nah, I reckon that’s another part of my upbringing that’s severely lacking :P

I’m heading to the southern US in a few weeks, though. I just know I’m gonna feel like a fucking snowman in a furnace. 90 is only great on Metacritic.

13. Stephany Nunneley

Best of luck to you then on that end. God, I hope it’s not Alabama you are headed to. If so, ride in an armored car and where a hazmat suit.

14. DSB

@13 Hey! What makes you say that? I kinda like Alabama. The ghetto is sort of a funny place, the people are crazy and you do get challenged to quite a few banjo duels, but it’s all good :D

Last time I stayed across the border in Mississippi, that wasn’t exactly the peak of civilization. They still had prohibition in effect, so I had to go bootlegging. Admittedly, that part was pretty awesome.

I don’t think it’s any use driving an armored car in Alabama, I’m pretty sure they’re all packing RPGs. You know, for hunt’n’. Or catching leprechauns. Or bed intruders.

15. Stephany Nunneley

@14 The protection is meant for the bedbugs :)

16. DSB

You mean there are non-human lifeforms in Alabama that escape death by shotgun? Fascinating!