There’s an expansion coming for the latest version of Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers, bringing with it the chance to past planeswalkers as the Archenemy.
As detailed on license holder Wizards of the Coast’s website, the expansion provides a preview of upcoming content in the collectable card game, and even introduces an all-new character. PR copy pasta below.
The expansion is due in northern autumn, but will be playable at PAX at the end of the month. Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 is available now on Steam, the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live.
Head on over to Destructoid to see some screenshots of the new content.
- Three new playable decks: Liliana Vess’s “Grave Whispers” deck, Ajani Goldmane’s “Auramancer” deck, and Ral Zarek’s “Cloudburst” deck
- Six exclusive sneak-preview cards from the upcoming Innistrad expansion
- Players can become the Archenemy in single-player and online multiplayer formats
- Six new single-player campaign levels and eleven Archenemy single-player campaign levels
- Four Archenemy challenges
- Four additional card unlocks for all thirteen Duels 2012 decks
- New achievements on Xbox, Steam, and PlayStation
- New loading screens featuring art and text exclusive to the Duels 2012 Expansion
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.