Witcher 2: Version 2.0 dated, included in 360, new trailer

Wednesday, 17th August 2011 17:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Lots of information in that headline, eh?

CD Projekt RED has announced that version 2.0 for The Witcher 2 will launch on September 29 for PC via an automatic update.

The update brings with it a tutorial system, a Dark Mode difficulty level, and Arena Mode which is a bit like an arcade mode where you will fight waves of enemies, and there will also be 20 new enhancements to your character, but nothing specific was mentioned.

The Xbox 360 version of of the game will come with this update.

Speaking of which, there is a new trailer for the 360 version below, courtesy of RipTen. It’s slated for release during the early part of 2012.

1. Talkar

Taking the trailer into account, i wonder if we get to play something where we have to protect, or assassinate King Demavend? I always wanted to see Aedirn at this time of the year xD (upper Aedirn doesn’t count :P )

2. Moonwalker1982

The Witcher 2 Xbox 360 trailer it says, but there’s already plenty of people on the Gametrailers forum claiming all of these graphics are taken from PC and not Xbox 360….i doubt that. That would be ridiculous.

3. Erthazus

“That would be ridiculous”

so xbox 360 videocard suddenly can use direct X10 effects?

It’s a Xbox 360 trailer with PC footage. LOL.

4. Moonwalker1982

I have no idea what kind of effects those would be, but the ingame parts they show…for PC it doesn’t even look that good. So they had the game on medium settings for this then? Cause i’ve seen footage of the game running on the best settings, this ain’t that.

5. badboy_122

the water freezing scene in the video .. I didn’t see that in the game & I played that game 4 times in a row …didn’t miss a thing .. maybe it’s a dlc mission in the upcoming 2.0

6. joshua nash

um, i um, i want that cause that was awesome

7. Dralen

Most of the footage is cutscene footage anyway.

8. DSB

If it hadn’t been for Portal 2, this would probably be my GOTY.

9. Erthazus

@8, for me Witcher 2 is GOTY, because it really didn’t dissapointed me in anything. From Current-Next gen visuals to great storytelling, and great RPG with fantastic oldschool Eastern European dialog system.

Portal 2 comes close to second because it was short and without any replay value.

and inFamous 2 was awesome, but i was dissapointed that nothing new was there.

10. Giskard

@7 & 8

Battlefield 3 would like to have a word with you. So would Skyrim. You’ve both been naughty.

11. Erthazus

@10, these games still are not in the gamers hands so there is no point to include them in GOTY material for now.

12. DSB

Eh, if Skyrim is as boring as the first one and BF3 is as average as BC2, then I don’t see them threatening games of that calibre.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Batman will probably be a very worthy contender. Maybe Saints Row 3.

13. YoungZer0

@9: You telling me that you weren’t disappointed by the ending? Don’t believe you at all.

Also: “oldschool Eastern European dialog system” lol, what’s that?

14. DSB

@13 It wasn’t a flawless game at all.

The ruins sucked, and the ending sucked. It seemed like they had to wrap it up and ship it out.

Still, I think substance counts for a lot more than simply length. There’s no rule saying that 5 minutes of content can’t be worth more than 6 hours of filler. Not that it was a short game, but it did stop the plot in the middle.

If you nitpick a game like Deus Ex and look at the nuts and bolts, that could be considered horrible as well, and was by some when it came out. I think the same applies here. It has weird little delays when looting and things like that, but the core of the game more than makes up for it.

The biggest problem with the game for me was that I desperately wanted more.