Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword landing Nov. 18 in Europe, Nov. 20 in the US

Wednesday, 17th August 2011 11:33 GMT By Stace Harman

Link’s watercolour-washed adventure finally has an official release date and wouldn’t you just know it, it’s in that oh-so-quiet run-up to Christmas. Magic.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will land in Europe on November 18 and in the US on November 20 exclusively for Wii.

The 15th core release in a franchise which has spanned 25 years is set prior to the events of Ocarina of Time and will tell the story of the creation of the Master Sword.

If you think it’s all looking a bit child-friendly, it’s worth checking out my recent hands-on impressions of the game. Even if I do say so myself.

Thanks, EG.

1. ruckus

Awesome – plus “two new RPGs exclusively for Wii, as The Last Story and Pandora’s Tower will both be making their European debut on Wii in 2012.” ^_^

2. StolenGlory

Yep and also confirmed is that The Last Story and Pandora’s Tower will arrive on European shores in early 2012, published by Nintendo.

3. Blerk

It’ll be interesting to see how well this does, both at review and at retail. Is it too late?

4. AHA-Lambda

they really couldn’t have picked a worse day could they? -_-

5. StolenGlory

“they really couldn’t have picked a worse day could they? -_-”

Or month.

6. Fin

The only other game I see coming out Nov 18 is Saints Row 3? (Revelations and Halo out the previous Tuesday)

7. LOLshock94

this is a perfect month for the wii

8. AHA-Lambda

@6 –

Assassin’s creed revelations
    Halo HD
    Need for speed the run
    Rayman origins
    Saints Row 3
    Zelda

all in one week? It is probably the worst release week of the year but pubs keep adding to it, beggars belief for god sake! D=

9. Blerk

Skyrim the week before, too.

10. onlineatron

I’ve prepped my bank’s fraud team in advance, as their will be substantial amounts exiting my account come November. Wouldn’t want any transaction being blocked.