Tue, Aug 16, 2011 | 06:25 BST
Tuesday Shorts – Minecraft Xperia Play, Square Enix rebrand, Majesty iOS
Oh god, I have to get some of this stuff off my desk or I will go mad. Mad. You’d better go through them – goodness only knows what treasure I’ve buried today.
- CyberConnect2 reckons Asura’s Wrath is an emotional roller coaster. Just like high school, eh?
- Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim is coming to an iDevice near you, if you have any sense. Delightful trailer ahoy.
- Mojang has put a limited edition Minecraft Xperia Play up for auction, because it’s tired of people selling its prizes.
- There’s talk going around that Square Enix may rebrand itself as plain old Square. The company has evolved rapidly since expanding into Europe with the Eidos acquisition, might be time for a shake up.
- The art director at Undead Labs has posted an interesting discussion of why America is so spooky in games.
- At GDC Europe, Gamersfirst boss Bjorn Book-Larsson discussed the trials and tribulations of taking APB free to play.
- Also at GDC, thatgamecompany discussed pitching unusual games successfully.
- Braid creator Jonathan Blow’s next game, The Witness, might not come out on consoles.
- Our friends at Gamepron have a developer Q&A on The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles expansion.
- Sigh. Oasis guitarist blames games for riots.