Quick shots – Skyrim custom characters from QuakeCon

Monday, 15th August 2011 03:53 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Bethesda has released the full set of screenshots from its recent preview event fot The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim at QuakeCon, showing off the custom characters created by players. Argonians, orcs, and khajiit through the break.

Some of these we’ve seen already thanks to a dribble of social media releases, but now you can prop them up side by side and admire the differentiation between some of the races.

Skyrim is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 11.

Thanks, Ausgamers.

1. YoungZer0

Having previously played Fallout NV again … damn, this looks good! Love the fact that they have warpaint.

2. freedoms_stain

These look fucking awesome. We need some games to get 2012 delays, 2011 is full!

3. YoungZer0

@2: Don’t you worry ’bout dat, we’ll get our delays soon enough.

I wonder. The bodies seem to be extremely muscular. Is it because they are that way, or because your characters appearance changes with the stats? That would be amazing.

4. Moonwalker1982

Delays? Nah i doubt my most wanted games will get delayed.

Batman: AC
    Gears 3
    BF3
    Uncharted 3

Skyrim being my number one.

By the way

Female redguard

and faces of Skyrim

5. LOLshock94

lizard and the tiger look awesome

6. Gekidami

The visuals look a bit messy to me…

7. Erthazus

Visuals are like visuals… nothing special. Console hardware can’t do much more then that considering that it is open world.

So we get an upgraded Gamebryo engine that is called a Creation engine now with the same HAVOK physics.

Nothing spectacular but who cares? It’s RPG. I hope it lives up to the expectations. One thing that i know that the first mod that i will install is going to completely change my UI because it’s CRAP.

but it’s a shame really. I remember Morrowind was a benchmark, even Oblivion was because of beautiful at that time trees and grass. Now there is no WOW effect anymore.

PS: I hope that Bethesda or some mod makers release a Texture ultra pack… Because of consoles you get… this.

8. Moonwalker1982

And people keep on nagging and complaining and i’m like….when are some people ever satisfied? The footage shown during E3 and QC was awesome and these shots from the races are fantastic, great designs. It has been said on the Bethesda forums too and it’s true if you ask me…people exeggerate way too much about Morrowind and also Oblivion. Both were great looking games at the time, and Oblivion still can look very nice at times. But if you compare the three…huge differences, Skyrim looks fantastic.

Just check this out for example:

And from Morrowind to Oblivion, to Skyrim

Nahhh…these ain’t great graphics.

9. OrbitMonkey

@1 lol, i’m playing through New Vegas again…& yeah its not very pretty when compared to these screens :)

Glad I don’t have a high end pc to play this on. I might spend all my time finding fault with textures & grass, rather than enjoying what will be hopefully ! cracking little game ;)

10. LOLshock94

does anyone kow why the 1st screen shot make the second look fucking shit?