Pay attention. Loads going on, and it’s going to get much heavier in the next week. Get all the major news from the last 24 hours below.
- Featured content: What’s MOBA? Richard Cobbett explains ahead of Valve’s DOTA 2 reveal in Germany next week.
- PSN will be down today from 4:05pm until 2:00am tomorrow morning. This is for work related to PS3 Firmware 3.70.
- OnLive will launch in the UK on September 22 with over 100 games.
- SCEE wants to replace the PSP of the Malaysian student filmed being mugged in London’s riots this week.
- The Resistance 3 beta, Driver and Madden demos all released in Europe yesterday.
- It’s 3DS price-cut a-go-go. Target dropped the console a day early, and Morrisons and Tesco have pushed down as low as £115 in the UK. GameStop UK is doing the handheld for an outrageously expensive £135.
- Ridley Scott’s making CoD XP content. We have no idea what this is.
- Metro: Last Light got its final E3 vid yesterday afternoon: it’s looking awesome. The full demo will be released on August 23.
- Amazon’s said that BF3 pre-orders up more than 2,000 percent against BF2.
- The Assassin’s Creed: Revelations multiplayer beta’s a timed PS3 exclusive. It’s out September 3.
- The PC version of Driver’s been delayed. In other news, I enjoy pancakes and coffee.
- EA has filed two applications with the US Patent and Trademark Office for Alpha Centauri.
- Starbreeze Studio’s Project Redlime, long suspected to be a revamp of Syndicate, looks very likely to appear at gamescom if a hastily deleted tweet from a Starbreeze employee is any indication.
- GTA V could sell 24 million units, according to analyst Michael Pachter.
- New ICO and SotC reboot videos caused much wetting of knickers yesterday.