Looks like someone forgot to do their news wrap on schedule.
MOBA muddle untangled: why it’s time to do DOTA
Thank goodness someone sorted that out. I feel informed.
Injured boy mugged in riot to have PSP replaced by SCEE
Adding to the cool factor of this, Sony didn’t tell anyone about it until asked.
In related news, donkeys are awesome.
Quite a lot more indie goodness today – part of that is pre-gamescom lull giving smaller devs more chance of hitting headlines, but it’s also just a really great time to be trying new things. Digital distribution means we can play awesome, low-budget games with really great innovative ideas which, once proven, will be sucked up by the major publishers to the benefit of all.
What I’m trying to say is – Minecraft, Terrarria, Trauma, or Dungeons of Dredmor tonight? Hmm.
Tune in shortly for Pat’s daily dissection of the past 24 hours, plus a bonus discussion of what he had for breakfast. Well, probably not, but we can hope. Did you know they have entierh bacon nor chilli in France? #What I know, right? That only leaves two food groups, and only one if you’re vegetarian.
- Asylum trailer puts you inside the Hanwell Institute
Kicking off the day with a little terror.
- Trackmania 2 beta drops flag next week
People’s reactions to Trackmania range from “what? Cars?” to “UNF”. No middle gears.
- Rumour – Project RedLime to be unveiled at gamescom
Yessssss. I flagged this as “rumour” but I’m 85 percent certain.
- OnLive to launch in UK at Eurogamer Expo
If you’re in early, you can nab a free microconsole.
- Alpha Centauri trademark sought by EA
Would love to see a sequel. It wouldn’t be made by either Sid Meier or Brian Reynolds, though.
- Fils-Aime points to lack of eShop, game drought in 3DS sales dive
Yes, that’s probably correct. Why didn’t Ninty listen when we said this in the first month? They could be rolling around in money right now.
- Disney Q3 shows increased revenue but greater losses
I had one of those terrible “can losses increase?” grammar moments. I’ll find out when Pat shouts at me. Again. *sob*
- APB Reloaded server-side lag eliminated
- Anarchy Reigns introduces Garuda and Oinkie
I’m trying not to use ableist language if I can but the temptation to rely on “mental” with this game is strong.
- NoA looks to European sales before Xenoblade, The Last Story release
Don’t worry, US brethren. We will buy many copies.
- Quick shots – Persona 2 screens tease Euro PSPs
The first Persona is available on the PSN, but later instalments are better.
- Driver: San Francisco PC delayed
Ubisoft needs to open channels of communication with PC gamers, I think.
- PEGI content warnings explained in cute videos
Clear, simple content warnings are good for busy parents – especially where age categories are enforced – and help the industry avoid being hamstrung by censorship and media scandals.
- FortressCraft is highest-grossing XBLIG title with $1 million
When I red this, I said “holy shit so loudly I woke my partner up from three rooms over.
- Disgaea 3 Return trailer livens up Vita lineup
- SpyParty early access beta priced
Remember how you didn’t bother to get in on Minecraft during alpha, and all your hipster friends sneered at you? You can avoid a repeat performance.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.