Wed, Aug 10, 2011 | 09:29 BST
BULLETCAST, August 10 – What you need to know now
Dead Island’s gold, MW3′s Spec Ops mode looks awesome, The Secret World is finally starting to shine, and it looks as though Team Bondi’s gone bust. And gamescom’s next week. News drought: we laugh in your face.
- Featured content: Johnny looks at what to expect from gamescom next week. Don’t miss this.
- Nintendo will release the Flame Red 3DS in US on September 9.
- This is what Modern Warfare 3′s Spec Ops mode looks like. It’s all good.
- Dead Island’s gold. Here’s a co-op trailer. It’s out on September 6 in North America and September 9 in the rest of the world.
- It does look as though Team Bondi’s gone bust. IP and physical assets are being sold off, according to Develop.
- As part of a “strategic realignment,” THQ has announced it will close two entire studios and let go one further dev team, as well as closing down the MX vs. ATV franchise.
- PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.70 will introduce Automatic Update, Sony’s confirmed. It’s out “soon”.
- Steam is currently testing a new system allowing players to securely and legitimately trade in-game items for other virtual goods – including full games.
- Sony has begun sending identity protection invites to Australian PlayStation Network members, following on from similar schemes announced for the Americas and Europe.
- The third Humble Indie Bundle has outdone previous instalments, bringing home $2.2 million in support of independent developers and charitable industry funds.
- The Secret World now looks significantly better than it ever has done before. Proof.
- Demo-tastic news – Tropico 4′s is out now, and Madden and Driver demos were released in the US yesterday. The UK will get them today.
- Take a look at Freddy Krueger in Mortal Kombat. Looks awesome.
- Minecraft for Xperia Play. Nine whole seconds of bouncy cows.
- More video. This one’s half an hour of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.
- Gaikai founder Dave Perry has said that nearly all publishers have signed on to Gaikai.
- EA’s taking a MIG jet to gamescom to promote BF3. This is not a lie.
And here are the three shift wraps from the past 24 hours.
- AU News Wrap, August 10 – What Happened Today
- US News Wrap August 9 – What Happened Today
- European News Wrap, August 9 – What happened today