Tue, Aug 09, 2011 | 22:11 BST
US News Wrap August 9 – What Happened Today
It’s nigh on five o’clock and it’s time for me to finish up for the day. At least on here. I do other things other than write up news posts, ya know. I have a life. A grand life with all sorts of activities and friends to do things with, a band to sing in, a treadmill to work out on, horses to ride, and a book to write.
Some of what I posted above is a lie: you decide which bits are true. The first one to get the answer right will be given the privilege of being able to address me by my nickname, which I have been called since birth. Only a select few outside of the family is allowed to do this, so you will indeed be considered “one of us” once I give you permission. The rest of you, are still not worthy. I jest. I love you all the same. I am nothing but an equal opportunity affection giver. I know that makes no sense whatsoever, and that’s okay.
Now, let’s get you caught up on what happened during my shift. Hint: not much.
- Dead Island video shows of cooperative play
- Modern Warfare 3 video details spec ops co-op
- Pando Networks UK ISP study reveals slow real-world speeds and geographic variance
- Third Humble Indie Bundle surpasses $2 million in sales
- SWTOR won’t have region or IP blocks, Australia can import
- Ultramarines DLC previewed for Dawn of War 2
- Freddy Krueger character vignette released for Mortal Kombat
- PSA: Madden 12 and Driver demos out today in US
- Strike Suit Zero announced by doublesix games
- Hard Reset demo to be released prior to launch
- Tropico 4 demo now available
- Levine discusses BioShock Infinite on PS3, thoughts on Vita
- Rocksteady set out to create most “detailed open-world ever” with Arkham City
- US PS Store update: PLAY pre-orders, Far Cry 2, RDR DLC sale
- Report – Walmart drops 3DS price a few days early
- Tuesday Shorts II: Tekken, Bungie, Atelier, FF Type-0
Getting this notice in the mail, pretty much made our month. Deep Silver’s PR gal is just plain awesome, and the trailer isn’t that bad either.
Deb posted this video for Modern Warfare 3. You should have a watch.
Pando has posted another study on bandwith and internet speeds, this time focusing on the UK.
Hooray for the third Humble Indie Bundle and the gamers that bought it.
Good for the Aussies! We love those folks, and they have as much right to the game at launch as everyone else.
Because the only thing better than a Marine, is an Ultramarine.
One, two, Freddy’s coming for you. Three, four, better lock your door. Five, six, grab your crucifix. Seven, eight, gonna stay up late. Nine, ten, never sleep again.
Title pretty much says it all. The UK gets both tomorrow.
Because everyone has dreamed of being a super robot at one time or another, no matter what age group they fall under.
That’s good news for the PC crowd, because we know how cranky you (our) lot can be.
We’ve got to try this out and see what all the fuss is about. We liked what we saw at GDC back in March at any rate.
Ken Levine talks to Sony about replay value, Vita, and designing Infinite with PS3 in mind from the start.
If the world in the last Batman game wasn’t big enough for you, wait until you get a load of this one. Wait. We used that phrase once already today, didn’t we?
Sony updated the US end of PSN early today, and we salute them for it.
Tsk, tsk, Walmart. No wonder in certain circles you are considered the devil.
Bungie’s trademark owner switcheroo, Rock of Ages pre-orders, Transformers, Tekken mini-games, EDGE-ing contest, CEO shuffles, and more FF Type-0 shots because you just haven’t seen enough already.
That’s it for me today. Brenna should be on in a bit. Oh, and today’s obligatory bit of Star Wars art came from here.