Tue, Aug 09, 2011 | 21:41 BST
Tuesday Shorts II: Tekken, Bungie, Atelier, FF Type-0, Rock of Ages
If you thought the earlier shorts post was large, wait until you get a load of this one. Okay, we lied. It’s smaller – but not by much.
- Katsuhiro Harada has discussed how mini-games came about in Tekken.
- If you pre-order Rock of Ages on Steam, you can get 10 percent off. It’s out on August 31, finally!
- Valve has announced the winners of its Portal 2 music video contest.
- EDGE is out in three days on Steam, and you can get your name in as well as recieve the full portfolio from Two Tribes and Mobigame if you win a “edging” video contest! Awesome. Don’t get hurt.
- Online game company Outspark appoints Philip Yun as new CEO after founder Susan Choe departs.
- The next Atelier game is apparently not set in Arland.
- Meet the members of Class 0 in these new Final Fantasy Type-0 screens.
- Stern Agee thinks the NBA lockout could cost Take-Two $40 million.
- You know those Bungie trademarks filed by its “dummy” corporation? They are now owned by the non-dummy corporation.
- The closed beta for Digimon Masters Online has started. Get the client here.
- Fallen Earth 1.9.2 debuts tomorrow, and it expands fast travel options.
- Havok is acquiring game engine maker Trinigy.
- EA is kicking off a new in-game advertising campaign with a Madden sweepstakes.
- Expect the beta for Transformers Universe ‘very soon’.
- New DLC for Dance Central hits next week and includes James Brown, Sean Paul, and Lloyd.
- iPad rivals have better chance in Europe than anywhere else, apparently.