Levine discusses BioShock Infinite on PS3, thoughts on Vita

Tuesday, 9th August 2011 20:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Irrational’s Ken Levine has discussed Move support for BioShock: Infinite with the PS Blog, as well as his opinion on Vita.

According to the video posted below, Levine mentions Infinite was developed with PS3 in mind from the start and that he likes Vita because he’s “a gamer, right?”

“I like playing games on iPad… but deep down I want that level of control,” he said. “What’s cool about PS Vita is that it seems to have all the benefits of an iPad-type device with the touchscreen and motion controls. But it has dual analog sticks….and I love shooters. You can finally play a shooter, a real shooter, on a handheld. Seriously, that’s a hole in my soul right now. Now I’ll have something I can play real shooters on, and that’s really important to me. It’s awesome.

“I tweeted a while ago that it did everything but make me an omelet. It sort of has everything and the kitchen sink in it, which is great as a gamer.”

Watch the video below, and read the interview through the link.

1. Razor

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing, watching MS fawn over Wada/Kojima, or watching Sony fawn over Levine.

What’s it going to be like when Cliffy brings Gears to PlayStation? :P

2. Johnny Cullen

Mass hysteria?

3. Kabby

Mass Disappointment.

4. OrbitMonkey

Ps3 gets gears!! *plays 5 mins* oh its a slower, unfunny Uncharted? *trades in*

5. Panou

Can’t wait to see one of his projects on PS Vita. I’m sure it’ll be awesome.

And of course, can’t wait to play BioShock Infinite, but that’s so obvious that I don’t really need to go into detail.

6. GwynbleiddiuM

Mass Resurrection.

Slackers have more tools to not run back when they screw things up.

Anyway, what are we talkin’ about here?

7. TheWulf

Definitely interested in the Vita myself being something of a mobile fan. One of the better devices I’ve bought is my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, lovely little device, and with a slew of genuinely interesting things going for it.

Also… Uncharted was funny? It just struck me as having racist/misogynist themes, and that’s not something I can laugh at. I’m not supporting Gears here because they’re both cover-based shooters and that’s yawnorama for me (the genre works better than counting sheep), but I just don’t see the ‘humour.’

I really don’t see the humour. I mean, I can be low brow, crass, and silly but I just don’t get a kick out of things which I feel we really should be above of. I just don’t see those themes as something I can laugh at. I played a bunch of Uncharted 1 out of morbid curiosity, a little of 2, and some beta or other of 3. And… it never changes.

I mean, not even Indiana Jones was that sexist.

8. ultramega

Oh, I really hated that Resident Evil 5 was another super racist game as well, how about you? Shooting black people, in Africa… it was terribly discriminatory! What is the industry coming to these days!?

But I love listening to totally unsubstantiated arguments! Please, tell me more!

/sarcasm

9. Clupula

Oh dear god. Not another Uncharted is racist post… Should I even entertain what was misogynistic about it?

10. stretch215

Definitely didn’t find anything racist about uncharted. I still don’t really like it though. granted tpS has never been my thing, but I just couldn’t keep playing it.

11. ultramega

I respect a post like this. Everyone has different tastes. But something without a shred of support, like TheWulf’s post, when it is totally unfounded, deserves no heed. A game isn’t racist or misogynistic because one doesn’t like it. I just wonder how many people realize that proof is required when an accusation like that is made… I mean, they clearly have no idea what racism and misogyny truly is, given statements like that.

12. Kuwabara

Ken Levine, the only Jew i like.

13. ultramega

icwutudidthar

14. mojo

lol, wait a second. i dont get it.
    why and where is uncharted racistic?