Tue, Aug 09, 2011 | 09:22 BST
BULLETCAST, August 9 – What you need to know now
Red Dead Redemption sold 11 million units and Todd Hollenshead tells us extended console cycles are a good thing. Get all the major headlines from the past 24 hours in video and text form after the break.
- Featured content: Nathan nabbed a great interview with Todd Hollenshead at QuakeCon last week. Did you know RAGE has been in the works for seven years?
- Take-Two swung to a loss in Q1, but has reported 4 million sales for LA Noire. RDR has now sold 11 million units.
- If you want to fully install RAGE on an Xbox 360, it’s going to cost you 22Gb of disc space.
- A Sony warehouse burned down in London last night, presumably as part of the ongoing UK riots. Supplies will be affected, the company said, but it’s unknown as yet if PS3 shipments will be hit.
- Nintendo needs to “build a better mousetrap” with Wii U’s controller, EA’s Peter Moore’s said.
- Bodycount’s got a serious art make-over recently. Here’s some play impressions and a new dev diary.
- Carbine producer Eric DeMilt has been dropping hints on the studio’s new MMO. Watch gamescom next week for the reveal.
- Valve’s permanently dropped Portal 2′s price to $29.99 on Steam.
- More than half of all British, French and German adults are gamers, according to a new survey.
- NPD and analyst firm EEDAR are to collaborate on providing “expanding video game tracking” to the US market. This will include digital and mobile data.
- Here’s a new Inversion trailer. It’s exclusive, don’t you know.
- France is to get a modified, 16-rated version of Heavy Rain. Quite why, we don’t know.
- Batman: Arkham City will be playable at EG Expo. Along with every other game in the entire world.
- UKIE has announced that there’ll be no London Games Festival this year, but has said it intends to have it return next year alongside the 2012 Olympics.
- A new version of the BBC iPlayer is now available on PS3.
- Zumba Fitness has now been at the top of the UK chart for eight weeks.