UK charts: Zumba makes it eight straight weeks up top

Monday, 8th August 2011 09:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Shocker.

In other news, Call of Juarez: The Cartel has shuffled down from third to tenth in the charts, poking Black Ops out of the top ten.

Other than that, not much else happening. Welcome to the summer lull.

Top ten’s for the week ending August 6 is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Zumba Fitness
  2. DiRT 3
  3. Cars 2
  4. Just Dance 2: Extra Songs
  5. LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean
  6. FIFA 11
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part Two
  8. LEGO: Harry Potter – Years 1-4
  9. LA Noire
  10. Call of Juarez: The Cartel

1. Blerk

Games industry, you have messed up.

2. OrbitMonkey

Theirs not one game here I want to play…*getting old* :(

3. manamana

^ no, you just don’t like rallye games. There, fixed it for you.

4. EvilGost

This is the same chart that the last week… Is it a mistake?

5. Johnny Cullen

It’s definitely not the same charts. :D

In fairness, I took a double take when I seen it. I only knew it was new when I had seen CoJ slipped.

6. GamezIdiot

Depressing franchise list is depressing, I don’t know what’s worse about the top ten recently, the lack of originality or that people are actually buying this lot. What I want to know is how the sales numbers compare with a similar period last year, the year before, 5 years ago or more ect.

7. noherczeg

There are NO MENTIONEABLE games right now and this is the precise fix.

8. Texamon

I’m not defending any of the games on the list, especially not Zumba (glares angrily at it), but people always complain that there’s not much originality about games. I’m talking about the FPSs. Surely this list has more variance and isn’t that a good thing?

9. Dannybuoy

That’s a lot of UK ladies jiggling in their front rooms

10. Texamon

@9 Ladies? Haha yeah, ladies… (shuffles out the door)

11. ASBI

it should have been the new motorstorm, alice, shadow of the damned, shift 2 and more

what the hell is wrong with people ?