Hello. i did some news today while I wrote a gamescom piece at the same time! My German side is literally excited from today.
I’ve spent most of my day writing up a preview for Cologne, which you’re going to see later this week. But there was also a bit of news that I managed to get around to while I wrote my piece. Here it is.
- Dark Souls gets delayed by a week in Japan
But the releases for the US and UK are not affected
- Nintendo details 3DS Ambassador Program in scrolling text form
See? It’s not all bad with the 3DS price-cut.
- UK charts: Zumba makes it eight straight weeks up top
- New BBC iPlayer launches for PS3
The new version’s available to download from the XMB now.
- Ex MGS boss Kim joins Zipline
Shane’s moving up in the world from MS. Good for him.
- John Carmack: Full RAGE 360 install to weigh in at 22Gb
Ouch. That’s not good, is it?
- London Games Festival to take a year off
But it will be back in time for next year alongside the Olympics.
- Levine: BioShock Infinite “looked like ‘BioShock 1 in the sky” at one point
But then it didn’t. And it looks a lot better for it. Rapture’s story was brilliantly told, but Columbia is what made me fall in love with Infinite instantly. Can’t wait for it.
- FIFA 12 demo date dropping in Cologne next week
Me and Pat’s going to be at that EA presser next Tuesday. When it announces it, we’ll know. When we know, you’ll know it.
- Batman: Arkham City to be playable at EG Expo
Play Rocksteady’s next big opus in London before its October release.
- Heavy Rain gets toned down edition for France
Again, it’s France only. It’s not getting toned down elsewhere.
And that’s it. There’s one more post to come from me this afternoon, but other than that, back same bat time tomorrow.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.