Kotick’s acting debut in Moneyball is due to being friends with the director

Saturday, 6th August 2011 06:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has said he ended up in the baseball flick Moneyball starring Brad Pitt due to the fact he is friends with the film’s director, Bennett Miiler.

Speaking with Reuters, Kotick said it all started one night over dinner when he was talking to Miller about directing a short film for the The Call Of Duty Endowment.

“We were having dinner and Bennett was talking about Moneyball and he asked me a little bit about an owner’s psychology and what an owner would be like,” he said. “I started reading the script and I said, ‘I really think the words don’t capture how an owner would react to this part of the conversation’. I also loved Michael Lewis’ book Moneyball.

“We were having this back and forth and Bennett said ‘why don’t you do it? It would make the role very authentic.’ And I said, ‘I will, but only if you made my Call of Duty endowment movie.’

“I don’t get a credit and you’ll never see me acting again.”

In the film, Kotick plays the owner of the Oakland Athletics, and you can see the small part he plays come September 23 in theaters.

1. KAP

Hes an ugly mofo aint he… wow.

2. alterecho

No. He looks and fits the authoritative role. Can’t base opinions on the way he handles COD series.

3. poopoofruits

@2 well said

4. The_Deleted

I think we’re all missing the glaring error in this report… Kotick has friends?!!!

LOL ROFL PSML.

etc.

5. Yoshi

Did I just watch two trailers one straight after the other? Up to 1:20 it seemed to be going in a little comedy direction then it COMPLETELY flipped on its head.

6. JRNO

What #2 said, end of discussion.

7. KAP

….like i said.

8. Unlimax

Bobby Kotick is an A-Hole For real !!

9. LOLshock94

so because whose made a huge franchise that makes him the devil?
    just because he made something huge doesn’t make him a dick

10. DarkElfa

…and next on 1001 more reasons to despise Bobby Kotick….