Thu, Aug 04, 2011 | 07:55 BST
Thursday Shorts – funding, investment, and startups edition
Today’s bits and pieces are largely about money moving around, a thing of great interest.
- Education games almost universally suck. A new start up has received $1.5 million in funding to make some that don’t.
- PlayStation plus subscribers will get early access to Mega Drive (Genesis) classic Comix Zone next week. Golly gee.
- There’s a new trailer out for F2P shooter Karma Online, continuing the dramatic WW2 game’s liking for pretty ladies.
- Gameforge founder Klaas Kirsting has a new startup called flaregames. No capitals allowed.
- After John Romero’s social startup Lolapps merged with 6waves, Nexon dropped a wad of cash on it.
- A new update for iOS game Street Fighter IV Volt has added Sakura and Makoto to the roster.
- Machinarium is 75 percent off on Steam. it’s also, uh, free when you buy the Humble Indie Bundle 3 for more than $5.05.
- Destructoid‘s got some screens up for Ben 10 Galactic Racing. I find this a little concerning.