It’s all the cons today. Yes, more gamescom happenings, but it’s also Quakecon!
Nathan’s liveblogging John Carmack’s legendary five-year long Quakecon keynote for us tonight from 8pm BST. Will we finally see DOOM 4? Will we see Pete Hines announce another acquisition from ZeniMax? Will we see the new RAGE iOS game? All of these mysteries will be solved tonight. Join us then.
In gamescom-related happenings, we’ve now effectively locked down our schedule. Hallelujah. Still some stuff to sort, but we’re pretty much past the point of no return now. Either way, me, Pat and VG247 contributor Alex Donaldson will have you sorted for the show in a week-and-a-half. But there was news today. When isn’t there news? Here is the said news.
- The Sims Social gets new dev diary
If Sims and Facebook is your thing, go nuts.
- Transformers Universe gets new teaser trailer
Nothing overly too exciting here. Just a tease, tease, tease!
- Quakecon 2011 – Carmack’s keynote live from 8pm BST
For the love of God, do not miss this. We won’t be providing sunglasses for potential nukes: that you’ll have to provide yourself. Otherwise, Godspeed.
- New Resistance 3 trailer shows path to New York
The shooter looks immensely awesome, going by this new trailer. We’re seeing it in Cologne.
- NBA 2K12 to feature NBA’s Greatest Mode
One for all the basketball nuts.
- Black Ops, From Dust tops Xbox Live activity charts
In other news, the sky is blue, grass is green and I love you all. Except you. I hate you.
- Latest Team Fortress 2 updates brings Bethesda goods
Bethesda goodies for TF2 players, just in time for Quakecon. DON’T MISS CARMACK FOR GOD SAKE.
- Hirai: Vita to get 2011 JP launch, early 2012 for US/EU
This was probably written on the wall the minute it was announced as NGP in January, and probably pounded home in part due to the Japanese earthquake and tsunami in March. Still, massive shame. There were a lot of people – myself included – hoping it could come to Europe by Christmas.
- Arrested Development duo to provide original content for Call of Duty: Elite
I’ve never watched Arrested Development. I should probably start by buying the first few eps from iTunes if they’re there and watch them as part of my entertainment on my flight to Germany.
- “If we lose our way with Halo, we lose our way with Xbox,” says Spencer
Even with yearly releases since 2009, I don’t think the Halo series has gotten stale in terms of quality. Reach proved that.
- “Wii U needs to be very keenly priced,” says Codies CEO
I’ve always thought that Rod Cousens was a wise man who definitely knows what he’s talking about. His latest comments, while a bit obvious, back up my theory.
- First Forza 4 dev diary takes trip into the Bernese Alps
The Turn 10 racer is looking hot. We’ll most likely get to see this in Cologne at Microsoft’s Play Day event.
My main shift’s done, but I’ll be back tonight for Carmack. Remember: watch the mountains. You’re about to probably see DOOM 4 for the first time.