Thu, Aug 04, 2011 | 09:18 BST
BULLETCAST, August 4 – What you need to know now
You might get a first look at DOOM 4 later today. Also, Activision made a ton of money. Get these stories, and all the rest of the major headlines in the last 24 hours, after the break.
- Featured content: The third feature in our four-part look at the launch of the original Xbox details the Bill Gates reveals at GDC and CES. Catch up with parts one and two.
- Activision showed strong Q2 financials last night, saying that MW3 pre-orders are well beyond Black Ops and that 3 million have signed up for the CoD: Elite beta.
- We’re liveblogging John Carmack’s Quakecon keynote tonight. It starts at 8.00pm BST. Don’t miss it: he may announced DOOM 4.
- As expected, Borderlands 2 was confirmed yesterday. It’ll release in Take-Two’s fiscal 2013.
- Everyone attending the Call of Duty XP event in LA next month will get a free Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 3.
- God of War: Origins is releasing in October in Japan for PSP.
- Epic reckons PC gaming isn’t it trouble. Again. It’s “changed,” apparently.
- Nintendo’s current woes have absolutely nothing to do with mobile gaming, according to Satoru Iwata.
- 343′s said that players shouldn’t be “hyper-excited” over Halo Anniversary’s Kinect support, but it will be “cool”.
- DICE has said that annual versions of Battlefield would kill the IP.
- Warner Bros. has registered Scribblenauts Remix as a domain.
- Microsoft’s said it’s planning to release one Kinect-enabled XBLA game per month.
- A first video for Grasshopper and Digital Reality’s Sine Mora has been released.
- Mario Kart 7. Screens and art.
- Microsoft has filed a trademark with USPTO for Iron Brigade. The European name for Trenched?
- Ubisoft’s taking everything to gamescom, including Far Cry 3 and Ghost Recon.
- Here’s the latest Deus Ex movie. This is going to be fantastic.
- “If EA loses the suit filed against it by former-NCAA players, it could end up costing the firm over $1 billion.” Whoops.
And here are the three shift wraps from the last 24 hours: