Headaches. Lots and lots of headaches. All involving gamescom.
We’ve basically spent most of today sorting more gamescom stuff: more appointments, sorting out the hotel and booking flights, so it’s been quiet on the European newsfront. But we’re all doing it for you. It’s going to be mental, but it will be fun in the long-run. At least, I hope so. Anyways, here is the news:
- Final Fantasy Type-0 to get pre-launch demo
There’s no actual date for it yet, though.
- Sucker Punch: Sony buyout won’t have “much of an effect on day-to-day operations”
In effect: not much is going to change.
- God of War: Origins confirmed for October Japanese release
The second title in the PSP Remaster series now has a date in Japan!
- Storm gets puzzling new trailer
Don’t know too much about this if I’m honest, but you should probably take a look. Videos are fun.
- Namco Bandai RPG Heroes Fantasia announced in Famitsu
Again, don’t know too much about this, but if you’re into RPGs and anime, this is for you.
- Bloodrayne: Betrayal gets new developer diary
Bloodrayne. Enough said.
- 1C announces gamescom line-up
gamescom. That thing. *gets headache*
- 343: Players shouldn’t be “hyper-excited” over Halo Anniversary Kinect support
It will be “cool,” though.
- Far Cry 2 was in development for PSP, Wii, says resume
But then it wasn’t.
- NCSoft, OnLive to sponsor Eurogamer Expo party
You should probably buy a ticket. All the money’s going to GamesAid, so you’ll feel good about it while you are getting pissed.
- EU PS Plus content for August features Assassin’s Creed discounts, more
Rayman too. That’s already a good thing.
- 2K confirms Borderlands 2 for release within FY2013
It’s in the new Game Informer too, which I basically called. It’s also showing in Germany later this month at gamescom – which we’re booked in to see. as well as interview Gearbox – and PAX Prime. When approached for comment on the news, Borderlands nut and Eurogamer contributor Christian Donlan told VG247, “Yippee!” Bless him.
- DICE: Annualising Battlefield would “kill the franchise
Don’t expect EA to rotate development on the series to other developers like Call of Duty too.
And that’s it. Now to go back and fill out more gamescom stuff and get an even bigger headache than the one I’ve got now. On the brightside, it’s Quakecon tomorrow. And it’s Carmack O’Clock! Tune in, campers! See you then.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.