Core games on Kinect. Paying more for EA Sports. Pre-ordering Battlefield 3. It’s just another day at the giant coalface we call “games news”.
- Featured content: The second part of our four-part special on the launch of the original Xbox charts the run up to Bill Gates finally greenlighting the project. These men had balls of steel.
- Pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin and you’ll get beta access. Take a look at some new shots of BF3’s Battlelog service while you’re at it.
- Story-based Kinect games are “coming soon,” according to Kudo.
- You can use Vita as a PS3 controller.
- EA Sports has launched its long-rumoured Season Ticket subs service for its major sports titles. It’ll cost around $25 a year for special goodies and early play time.
- Sucker Punch co-founder Chris Zimmerman has said that selling to Sony won’t cause too much interference with the day-to-day happenings at the studio.
- Satoru Iwata is really, really sorry about 3DS. This time he’s apologising to early adopters.
- Blizzard has filed a trademark for something called Mists of Pandaria.
- Borderlands 2, the game everyone knows Gearbox has been working on forever, is to be announced soon, apparently.
- This is what iPhone 5 looks like. Spoiler: it’s a phone.
- This is what Assassin’s Creed: Revelations multiplayer looks like.
- In other Assassin’s Creed news, Brotherhood is going to be downloadable on PSN as of today.
- Lord of the Rings: War in the North will launch in November. Keep an eye on this: it looks awesome.
- Namco reported Q1 figures yesterday. Both sales and income were up.
- The Steam version of Limbo is available now. It costs $10.
- The BBFC’s listed a Game of the Year version of Red Dead Redemption.
- Those who play leaked game builds are “choosing to ruin their own experience,” Epic’s Rod Fergusson has said. He was speaking on a European Gears of War 3 tour this week.
- Catherine is Atlus’s biggest ever launch. We’re still waiting on the numbers, though.
And here are the three shift wraps from the last 24 hours:
- AU News Wrap, August 03 – What Happened Today
- US News Wrap, August 2 – What Happened Today
- European News Wrap, August 2 – What happened today
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.