Battlefield 3 beta access with Origin pre-order – details

Wednesday, 3rd August 2011 03:13 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Put you name down for a pre-order at EA’s own digital distribution service Origin, and you’ll score entry to the PC Battlefield 3 beta.

MTV Multiplayer noted the beta access deal.

Previously, only those who purchased the limited edition of Medal of Honor were confirmed to have access to the much-anticipated beta.

More beta entry schemes for all platforms are expected to surface over the next few weeks.

Currently in alpha testing, Battlefield 3 launches on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in late October.

1. Naaame

So the people who got MOH limited can still take part in the beta? from reading the headline it sounded like you can now only get beta access by pre-order

2. Pokeh

What if I pre-order, play the beta, and then cancel?

3. muffinmn100

Who you and the other 5 people who bought MOH?

4. Gekidami

The MoH beta details are really sketchy right now, as far as i’m aware we’ve got no info on it since MoH was released. Apparently it’ll start in September and i guess they’ll send us our beta codes…?

5. Yoshi

‘Currently in alpha testing’ It’s actually just ended.

The recent beta was Alpha, the MOH invite and pre-order beta will be closed beta, then in September they’ll be an open beta… As far as I’m aware :)

6. viralshag

I can’t seem to find any official notice about this on the Origin website, does anyone have a link or anything?

I don’t wan’t to put my money down on it if it isn’t a sure thing.

Edit: Might want to double check this is open to the UK, I’m not so sure. I’m going through the process of pre-ordering and I’m not seeing any mention of beta access.

7. CaptKillsteal

Eh, I’ll pass. I got my alpha invite, but EA never linked my email address to the battlelog. I was never able to sign in. It took me over a week to get responses from their customer service and by then the alpha ended.

When I purchased Crysis I had the same issue, unable to log in to online play due to the CD key not having the privilege to log in. It took me 3-4 days and several reps before they reissued me a new key.

Then same thing with a sims expansion. I paid money, had it deducted from my CC, then was unable to download it with the EA Downloader.

Their customer service is crap and so is their front-end. Never buying anything from Origin. If it comes down to it that Origin is required for BF3, then I guess I’ll have to jump ship…

8. Hcw87

Still no confirmation if you need the MoH disc inserted to access the beta when it launches, would be nice to know as i’ve traded mine in a few days after i got it (who didn’t?).

9. Len

Any news on whether if you were in the alpha you will get further access as otherwise it’s a cheap copy of MoH or pre-order time?

Alpha was amazing and can’t wait for the real thing. :)

10. Bf3Blogwebscom

hey guys. i was looking around for Battlefield 3 Beta and found this website. Check it out. http://www.bf3blog.webs.com/