PSOne Imports coming to European PSN

Tuesday, 2nd August 2011 02:29 GMT By Brenna Hillier

SCE Europe has announced it will pick up one of the features we’re most jealous of our US brethren for – PSOne Imports on the PlayStation Network.

Writing on the EU PS Blog, Ross McGrath confirmed both japanese and US PSOne Import Classics are in the works for the European PS Storefront.

No release dates or specific titles were mentioned, but McGrath did confirm players will need a 60HZ-capable display, a legacy of the old PAL and NTSC divide. Presumably the service will trickle down to other PAL territories like Australia and New zealand, but don’t quote us.

No edits will be made to the games, which will be presented in original form, but publishers will need to have games rated by local authorities before release.

McGarth called for commenters to nominate which titles they’d like to see as part of the service.

Thanks, Gamespot.

1. The_Deleted

Vib Ribbon, please. Yeah, I know it came out over here…

2. Gekidami

We might finally get Alundra now. I’d love to see Tombi! but i dont think any store has that right now.

3. Blerk

Potentially great news, this – there were tons of PSOne JRPGs that made it to the US but never came to Europe. This could potentially open the doors for stuff like Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Cross and Xenogears.

Alundra was such a brilliant, brilliant game. I’ve still got my copy from way back. :-)

4. 2plus2equals5

I want japanese psp games :(

5. someguy2

*prays for the original Spyro trilogy

6. CycloneFox

@4: You could play them on any PSP. They aren’t region locked. The problem is the language. I wish all PSP games would at least get english text.

@News: Great news! I’m looking foreward to it.

7. 2plus2equals5

@6: i know, i want english texts too.

I really hope that we get 2d games, because i can’t really look at ps1′s 3d.

8. pious the chosen

So can we finally get the Suikoden’s now???