Welcome to the pre-gamescom lull. It’s brilliant.
It’s been a very quiet day in newsland. At least in Europe anyways. So let’s just get to it.
- House of the Dead: Overkill: Extended Cut gets two PS3-exclusive levels
The first of these two exclusive levels get detailed in full.
- Sony acquires inFamous dev Sucker Punch
The only really big news story of the day. The Seattle developer become’s Sony’s 16th first-party developer.
- Namco Bandai: Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions “perma-saves” can be deleted
Everything’s sugar and rainbows in the end. Somewhat.
- Rise of Nightmares gets new screens
Says it all, really.
- Kudo: Kinect tech can “build stories and storytelling” that’s “more user-driven”
These games are “coming soon,” according to Tsunoda.
- Sony: Vita could be used as PS3 controller
And much more. But it won’t make dinner.
- Report – Borderlands 2 to be announced “soon”
And it’s for 2012 as well. I’m going to call it: this will be the next cover reveal for Game Informer.
- Rumour – iPhone 5 mock-ups get pictured, published online
They seem to be mock-ups, but they’re apparently nearly close to the still TBA real deal.
- Lord of the Rings: War in the North to launch in November
This leads nicely into my final story today.
- Snowblind “drawing as much” inspiration from Lord of the Rings films for War in the North’s scale
DLC is also being “discussed,” Snowblind tells VG247.
And that’s it. Hopefully, it’ll be a bit busier than it was today. And if not, save us Carmack, you’re are only hope (Quakecon on Thursday, innit). See you tomorrow.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.