Diablo III Beta gameplay footage looks and sounds amazing

Monday, 1st August 2011 18:11 GMT By Debabrata Nath

We’ve more than seven minutes’ worth of pure Diablo III gameplay footage taken from the beta after the break. It features several locations, spells and characters abilities, as well as some thumping audio. Diablo III had a preview event last week, details of which can be found here. Watch the video after the break.

1. Erthazus

this is a bad PC or beta glitch and lags as shit.

Anyway, i like it. the only thing that i miss is an atmosphere from the 1-2 games. It was much better.

PS: Dynamic task system is great. What hack and slash genre always need.

2. Talkar

I smell a troll

3. Talyis

Gigity! I bet Erth even has a troll tattoo!

4. viralshag

Laser beams and force lightening look OP… :P

5. YoungZer0

What’s with the Ground Textures? Looks muddy.

6. Gekidami

So, is this the PS2 version? Because, damn!

7. Erthazus

@2 @3, and where was trolling in my comments? did i said something bad about it?

8. Demiath

I have to agree; either the computer the game is played on has inexplicably low system specs or the beta version simply has a lot of slowdowns and/or latency issues (I’d like to keep those terms separate, futile as it may be). Or both.

9. Sini

where is the amazing looking part? looks like your typical generic isometric game.

10. Gekidami

It does. I can only hope it’ll be packed full of content, because right now i see no reason to pick this over dungeon crawlers. I’m just not getting that Diablo vibe from it.

11. DSB

The amazing part is easily the zombies stacking themselves on top of eachother and collectively bodyslamming the monster.

I can’t say one way or the other, but it looks to me like there’s a lot going on in the combat, with different abilities being used. Variety and clever combat hasn’t exactly been the biggest feature of any slasher so far.

That being said, talking about textures in a beta is not very intelligent. There’s no music either – STOP THE PRESSES, DIABLO III WON’T HAVE MUSIC :P

To me it just looks pretty early.

12. Yoshi

The singleplayer doesn’t wow me much, I’m more interested in the co-op :)
    @11, yeh that was rather fun watching those stacking themselves up like that.