More rumors of Mirror’s Edge 2 using Frostbite 2 pop up

Friday, 29th July 2011 17:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A rumor out of this month’s OPM has Frostbite 2 powering Mirror’s Edge 2, with the mag stating: “the Frostbite 2 engine will pave the way for Mirror’s Edge to make a free-running return.” EA has kept mum on it’s plans for a sequel to the first outing, but has said a time and time again the series is not shelved. Earlier this month, EA Europe VP Patrick Soderlund said the firm was “working on something,” but wasn’t “willing to talk more,” about it. At E3, EA Games president Frank Gibeau hinted at the next ME game using the Frostbite 2 engine, so the OPM rumor just adds credence to his tiny comment. Via CVG.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Without knowing ANYTHING about Mirrors Edge 2……….I can safely and confidently say it will be a day one purchase for me based on the quality and my enjoyment with the first.

Plus this rumor and the fact that they didn’t just crank it out, tells me the IP is taken seriously. As it should be. Incredibly unique experience. May even have to play though it again with my new plasma upgrade. :)

2. Maximum Payne

I just wait the moment after BF3 is released and then later, first trailer for ME2 release and with big letters FROM CREATORS OF BATTLEFIELD 3….it will sell like candy.

3. Edo

Yes,please!!!

4. Erthazus

ME2 on Frostbite 2 is a serious business.

I guess the destruction is going to be used when helicopter will shoot you. Great physics and collision with rag dolls.

anyway, i can’t wait. Mirrors Edge 1 was not a great or a perfect game… Just a solid experience but with huge potential. DICE is not very experienced in single player campaigns at that time.

But now, they have a chance to kick ass.

5. naffgeek

Yeah Mirrors Edge was a very interesting concept and good first effort, well worth another crack.

Enjoyable game which could turn into a classic sequel.

6. ManuOtaku

Me want ASAP

7. Lewis247

Mirrors edge 1 is one my most favorite games of all the time. The visuals and gameplay are all top notch just love it so much. Put a hefty amount of hours in the campaign and getting the time trails and stars. So much replay value in the game, can’t praise it enough.

Just the thought of a sequel plus frostbite 2 makes me dizzy with excitement. I mean just imagining a bigger campaign, better visuals and so many more extras they probably wanted to do in the original is just crazy.

Can’t wait :3

8. jnms

I just hope they keep true to the original premise and don’t go all Tomb Raider…

9. Gama_888

Wish i hadnt traded in the first one, would love little bash on that game loved it so much.

@8 agreed. But they could certainly beef the game up a bit, Plenty of extra routes to take.
    Flesh out the story a bit (although i know no-one really played it for the story.
    Propper online races would be pretty cool i think rather than time-trial.

Anyyyhoooo really looking forward to seeing a sequel and cant wait for the reveal

10. Hybridpsycho

I just hope they’ll make a non-shitty story this time :p The game had some potential, but lost alot on the crappy plot.

Looking forward to the second game though :D